Gary Kirsten decides to quit as South African coach
Zee Media Bureau
Johannesburg: South African cricket coach Gary Kirsten has reportedly decided not to renew his contract with Cricket South Africa and will leave this year.
The former batsman led South Africa to the top of the Test rankings after his appointment on a two-year contract in August 2011.
Kirsten is believed to have cited "family reasons" for his decision to quit the job.
Kirsten has a young family and has often taken time out from his cricket duties to be with his wife and children.
Kirsten also led India to the World Cup title in 2011 before returning to South Africa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi's Iran visit: India commits huge investment in Chabahar
- Potassium bromate, potassium iodate in bread: This is how they can affect your health!
- Congress, BJP have husband-wife like relationship: Arvind Kejriwal
- Oops! Bella Hadid's revealing outfits stun glamour world – Watch
- This is the only temple where Lord Hanuman is worshipped in female form