Gary Kirsten decides to quit as South African coach
Zee Media Bureau
Johannesburg: South African cricket coach Gary Kirsten has reportedly decided not to renew his contract with Cricket South Africa and will leave this year.
The former batsman led South Africa to the top of the Test rankings after his appointment on a two-year contract in August 2011.
Kirsten is believed to have cited "family reasons" for his decision to quit the job.
Kirsten has a young family and has often taken time out from his cricket duties to be with his wife and children.
Kirsten also led India to the World Cup title in 2011 before returning to South Africa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje