Gary Kirsten decides to quit as South African coach
Zee Media Bureau
Johannesburg: South African cricket coach Gary Kirsten has reportedly decided not to renew his contract with Cricket South Africa and will leave this year.
The former batsman led South Africa to the top of the Test rankings after his appointment on a two-year contract in August 2011.
Kirsten is believed to have cited "family reasons" for his decision to quit the job.
Kirsten has a young family and has often taken time out from his cricket duties to be with his wife and children.
Kirsten also led India to the World Cup title in 2011 before returning to South Africa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Mathura violence: Judicial probe into Jawahar Bagh incident begins
- IIFA 2016: Dramatic entry! When Shahid Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar hit the green carpet on Spanish donkeys - Pic inside
- Seven killed as car rams into minibus in Kenya's Kwale
- Hope law will be passed for construction of Ram temple by PM Narendra Modi-led government: VHP leader Pravin Togadia
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit