Gary Kirsten decides to quit as South African coach
Zee Media Bureau
Johannesburg: South African cricket coach Gary Kirsten has reportedly decided not to renew his contract with Cricket South Africa and will leave this year.
The former batsman led South Africa to the top of the Test rankings after his appointment on a two-year contract in August 2011.
Kirsten is believed to have cited "family reasons" for his decision to quit the job.
Kirsten has a young family and has often taken time out from his cricket duties to be with his wife and children.
Kirsten also led India to the World Cup title in 2011 before returning to South Africa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video