Gary Kirsten decides to quit as South African coach
Zee Media Bureau
Johannesburg: South African cricket coach Gary Kirsten has reportedly decided not to renew his contract with Cricket South Africa and will leave this year.
The former batsman led South Africa to the top of the Test rankings after his appointment on a two-year contract in August 2011.
Kirsten is believed to have cited "family reasons" for his decision to quit the job.
Kirsten has a young family and has often taken time out from his cricket duties to be with his wife and children.
Kirsten also led India to the World Cup title in 2011 before returning to South Africa.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani