Gautam Gambhir scores just 3 against Hampshire in County game
Southampton: Discarded India opener Gautam Gambhir`s rough ride in county cricket continued as he was dismissed cheaply for only 3 runs playing for Essex against Hampshire in a Division Two County Championship match here today.
The left-hander was dismissed edging a swinging delivery from right-arm pacer Matt Coles to wicketkeeper Michael Bates behind the stumps. Gambhir faced 26 deliveries and wasn`t comfortable at all against the pace of James Tomlinson and Cole.
Gambhir has had a very poor county stint so far having scored only one century (vs Gloucestershire) in five first-class games having failed to score a 50 in the other matches. His sequence of scores in first-class games reads: 31, 0 & 106, 36, 37 and 3.
The two Pro-40 games haven`t gone well either as he has scores of 2 and 21 to show for his efforts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price