Gautam Gambhir scores just 3 against Hampshire in County game
Southampton: Discarded India opener Gautam Gambhir`s rough ride in county cricket continued as he was dismissed cheaply for only 3 runs playing for Essex against Hampshire in a Division Two County Championship match here today.
The left-hander was dismissed edging a swinging delivery from right-arm pacer Matt Coles to wicketkeeper Michael Bates behind the stumps. Gambhir faced 26 deliveries and wasn`t comfortable at all against the pace of James Tomlinson and Cole.
Gambhir has had a very poor county stint so far having scored only one century (vs Gloucestershire) in five first-class games having failed to score a 50 in the other matches. His sequence of scores in first-class games reads: 31, 0 & 106, 36, 37 and 3.
The two Pro-40 games haven`t gone well either as he has scores of 2 and 21 to show for his efforts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?