Gayle, Afridi to play for Sydney Thunder in Big Bash
Melbourne: Pakistani all-rounder Shahid Afridi and attacking West Indies batsman Chris Gayle will play for the Sydney Thunder in the Big Bash League.
Gayle’s signing with the Sydney Thunder is a huge boost as they were desperate to improve on their forgettable opening season in the Big Bash League.
The double signing of Gayle and Afridi is sure to generate plenty of interest. Afridi has played 50 T20 internationals with a strike rate of 142.52 and taken 50 wickets at 19.67.
While cross-town rivals and current BBL champions Sydney Sixers quickly unveiled a string of top-shelf talent last week, including Brett Lee and West Indian off-spinner Sunil Narine.
David Warner and Gayle formed the most exciting opening partnership last summer.
But with Warner`s Test and ODI commitments, he is unlikely to be recruited given his unavailability for the bulk of the Thunder`s games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea