Gibbs confirms participation in Sri Lanka T20 league
London: South African batsman Herschelle Gibbs has confirmed that he will be taking part in the upcoming Sri Lanka Premier League (SLPL) T20 tournament.
Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) had previously announced the involvement of foreign stars in the SLPL, but no names have yet been released by them.
The Sri Lanka board has also said players like Chris Gayle, David Warner, Darren Bravo, Kieron Pollard, Daniel Vettori are expected to participate in the inaugural SLPL, which will be played in Colombo and Pallekele from August 10 to 31.
Gibbs is the first international player to confirm participation in the tournament.
“From here [IPL] to the UK T20 for Durham then to the Sri Lanka Premier League,” Gibbs posted on Twitter.
It was reported last year that SLC had secured the services of 33 overseas players, including Gibbs, but the tournament was postponed after India refused to allow its players to participate.
“We are hoping to get Chris Gayle, David Warner, Darren Bravo, Kieron Pollard, Daniel Vettori and several other well-known players,” said an SLC official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed