Gibson is confident of ‘resurgent’ team
Bridgetown (West Indies): West Indies coach Ottis Gibson has expressed confidence that his resurgent side will knock Australia off in the upcoming Test series.
``There`s an air of confidence as well when you walk around the streets of the Caribbean at the moment, where two years ago, or probably even 12 months ago the average man in the street was not so enthusiastic about the performances of the team,`` The Sydney Morning Herald quoted Gibson, as saying.
``In the last month or so, there`s a lot being said, and there`s an energy that I can remember as a child growing up. People are starting to want to watch the team again and it`s because the team is starting to be competitive. You can see a togetherness on the field and if we can maintain that sort of focus, and keep that togetherness going, this would be a good series for us,” he added.
His statement came after the West Indies drew the ODI and Twenty20 series
The West Indies lost the three-Test series 2-0 against India in November 2011, but gained a 95-run first-inning lead in the opening match and were involved in a draw where scores were level with India nine down in the fourth innings.
Gibson, however, expressed confidence in the West Indies’ bowling attack, which comprises Ravi Rampaul, Fidel Edwards and Devendra Bishoo.
``They got a lot of wickets for us in all forms of cricket to be honest, especially Test cricket. I think over the last 12 months, our bowling attack has been as good as most around the world,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened