Gibson is confident of ‘resurgent’ team
Bridgetown (West Indies): West Indies coach Ottis Gibson has expressed confidence that his resurgent side will knock Australia off in the upcoming Test series.
``There`s an air of confidence as well when you walk around the streets of the Caribbean at the moment, where two years ago, or probably even 12 months ago the average man in the street was not so enthusiastic about the performances of the team,`` The Sydney Morning Herald quoted Gibson, as saying.
``In the last month or so, there`s a lot being said, and there`s an energy that I can remember as a child growing up. People are starting to want to watch the team again and it`s because the team is starting to be competitive. You can see a togetherness on the field and if we can maintain that sort of focus, and keep that togetherness going, this would be a good series for us,” he added.
His statement came after the West Indies drew the ODI and Twenty20 series
The West Indies lost the three-Test series 2-0 against India in November 2011, but gained a 95-run first-inning lead in the opening match and were involved in a draw where scores were level with India nine down in the fourth innings.
Gibson, however, expressed confidence in the West Indies’ bowling attack, which comprises Ravi Rampaul, Fidel Edwards and Devendra Bishoo.
``They got a lot of wickets for us in all forms of cricket to be honest, especially Test cricket. I think over the last 12 months, our bowling attack has been as good as most around the world,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- Woman set ablaze in UP, Akhilesh orders magisterial probe
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi