Glenn Maxwell confident taking risks would help international career
Sydney: Young Australia all rounder Glenn Maxwell is confident that taking a few risks while batting in limited overs cricket would help him in his international career, after getting criticised for his below par showing at the Twenty20 World Cup in Sri Lanka.
Maxwell’s performance in Australia`s one-day series-clinching win against Pakistan, when he bludgeoned 56 not out, earned plaudits from captain Michael Clarke, and also prompted his teammates to dub him ‘the Big Show’.
Maxwell`s suggestion on the eve of the World Twenty20 that he could be the X-factor that Australia needs to win the tournament rankled some players, and he was axed in favour of David Hussey for the semi-final against the West Indies following a couple of below par performances.
However, Maxwell said he was unperturbed by criticism for being outspoken.
“Everyone has their doubters and I`m going to have mine. People will say I`m overrated, but … as soon as I get on the cricket field it doesn`t really matter what anyone says,” a leading daily quoted Maxwell, as saying.
“Everything happens for a reason. I got to play for Australia by taking a few risks. I`ve made mistakes along the way, like everyone else has … hopefully those mistakes lead to something good in the end,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note