Harbhajan goes wicketless in county match
London: Off-spinner Harbhajan Singh, who was included in India`s 30-member probables for the upcoming Twenty20 World Cup, bowled an economical spell though without a wicket till tea on the first day of his side Essex`s County Championship Division Two match against Hampshire at Chelmsford on Thursday.
Harbhajan was still searching for a wicket from the 14 overs he bowled till the tea break. He though bowled economically at 2.57 per over as he conceded 44 runs in the bargain.
He was introduced towards the close of the opening session and kept the Hampshire batsmen under check. He was hit for just two fours in the 17 overs he bowled till tea.
Hampshire, who elected to bat, went to the tea break at 205 for four from 64 overs with opener Neil McKenzie and Sean Ervine going strong on 84 and 41, having stitched a 99-run partnership for the fifth wicket which remained unconquered till the tea break.
Harbhajan, who has been on the sidelines for a quite some time due to poor form, was yesterday included in the 30-member probables` list for the Twenty20 World Cup to be held in Sri Lanka in September-October.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie