Harbhajan`s mother does bhangra to celebrate win
Chandigarh: Off-spinner Harbhajan Singh`s mother did a round of bhangra with relatives and well- wishers at her Jalandhar residence to celebrate India`s historic win over Sri Lanka in the World Cup final in Mumbai on Saturday.
As soon as Indian skipper M S Dhoni hit the winning runs, Avtar Kaur danced like any youngster, and was surrounded by men, women and children.
Tears of joy rolled down Harbhajan and Man-of-the-Series Yuvraj Singh`s cheeks after the Indian victory.
Fire-crackers lit up the sky in Jalandhar while big celebrations started across Punjab including Ludhiana, Amritsar and Patiala.
Reports reaching here said that people across Haryana came out of their houses and hit the roads to celebrate the win.
People, especially youngsters carrying national flags in their hands and on their vehicles, danced and raised slogans like "Bharat Mata Ki Jai".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'