Harbhajan`s mother does bhangra to celebrate win
Chandigarh: Off-spinner Harbhajan Singh`s mother did a round of bhangra with relatives and well- wishers at her Jalandhar residence to celebrate India`s historic win over Sri Lanka in the World Cup final in Mumbai on Saturday.
As soon as Indian skipper M S Dhoni hit the winning runs, Avtar Kaur danced like any youngster, and was surrounded by men, women and children.
Tears of joy rolled down Harbhajan and Man-of-the-Series Yuvraj Singh`s cheeks after the Indian victory.
Fire-crackers lit up the sky in Jalandhar while big celebrations started across Punjab including Ludhiana, Amritsar and Patiala.
Reports reaching here said that people across Haryana came out of their houses and hit the roads to celebrate the win.
People, especially youngsters carrying national flags in their hands and on their vehicles, danced and raised slogans like "Bharat Mata Ki Jai".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India may approach Britain on bringing back Kohinoor
- HILARIOUS! Harbhajan Singh posts EDITED picture of Indian cricketers – Pic inside!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian captain to hit double century in away Test
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Russia bids to avoid ban as IOC reports new test failures
- What did she do that people tied her with rope and handed over to police? - Must read