Harbhajan`s mother does bhangra to celebrate win
Chandigarh: Off-spinner Harbhajan Singh`s mother did a round of bhangra with relatives and well- wishers at her Jalandhar residence to celebrate India`s historic win over Sri Lanka in the World Cup final in Mumbai on Saturday.
As soon as Indian skipper M S Dhoni hit the winning runs, Avtar Kaur danced like any youngster, and was surrounded by men, women and children.
Tears of joy rolled down Harbhajan and Man-of-the-Series Yuvraj Singh`s cheeks after the Indian victory.
Fire-crackers lit up the sky in Jalandhar while big celebrations started across Punjab including Ludhiana, Amritsar and Patiala.
Reports reaching here said that people across Haryana came out of their houses and hit the roads to celebrate the win.
People, especially youngsters carrying national flags in their hands and on their vehicles, danced and raised slogans like "Bharat Mata Ki Jai".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured