Harbhajan`s mother does bhangra to celebrate win
Chandigarh: Off-spinner Harbhajan Singh`s mother did a round of bhangra with relatives and well- wishers at her Jalandhar residence to celebrate India`s historic win over Sri Lanka in the World Cup final in Mumbai on Saturday.
As soon as Indian skipper M S Dhoni hit the winning runs, Avtar Kaur danced like any youngster, and was surrounded by men, women and children.
Tears of joy rolled down Harbhajan and Man-of-the-Series Yuvraj Singh`s cheeks after the Indian victory.
Fire-crackers lit up the sky in Jalandhar while big celebrations started across Punjab including Ludhiana, Amritsar and Patiala.
Reports reaching here said that people across Haryana came out of their houses and hit the roads to celebrate the win.
People, especially youngsters carrying national flags in their hands and on their vehicles, danced and raised slogans like "Bharat Mata Ki Jai".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach