Harbhajan`s mother does bhangra to celebrate win
Chandigarh: Off-spinner Harbhajan Singh`s mother did a round of bhangra with relatives and well- wishers at her Jalandhar residence to celebrate India`s historic win over Sri Lanka in the World Cup final in Mumbai on Saturday.
As soon as Indian skipper M S Dhoni hit the winning runs, Avtar Kaur danced like any youngster, and was surrounded by men, women and children.
Tears of joy rolled down Harbhajan and Man-of-the-Series Yuvraj Singh`s cheeks after the Indian victory.
Fire-crackers lit up the sky in Jalandhar while big celebrations started across Punjab including Ludhiana, Amritsar and Patiala.
Reports reaching here said that people across Haryana came out of their houses and hit the roads to celebrate the win.
People, especially youngsters carrying national flags in their hands and on their vehicles, danced and raised slogans like "Bharat Mata Ki Jai".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- After its cheapest ride offer, Ola now launches luxury rides
- Narsingh Yadav selection over Sushil Kumar for 2016 Rio Olympics was fair: WFI tells HC
- B-schools not doing enough to bridge skills gap: Survey
- BMW recalls 120,000 cars over Takata air bags
- Nine-time champion Rafael Nadal pulls out of French Open with wrist injury