Haryana bounce back against Gujarat on 2nd day
Surat: Haryana bounced back in style after opening day`s shoddy show with a disciplined bowling performance as they bundled out Gujarat for 228 on the second day of their Ranji Trophy Elite Division match on Thursday.
Shot out for 207 yesterday after electing to bat, Haryana fought back to ensure that the home side do not take a substantial first innings lead.
Off-spinner Jayant Yadav and leg-spinner Amit Mishra scalped three wickets each while pacers Ashish Hooda and Mohit Sharma grabbed two wickets apiece as Gujarat were all out for 228 to take a 21-run first innings lead.
In their second essay, Haryana were 61 for no loss at the draw of stumps with Nitin Saini and Rahul Dewan on 32 and 28 at the crease respectively. The visitors are 40 runs ahead overall with all the second innings wickets intact.
Resuming at 46 for one, Gujarat suffered a jolt early in the morning with overnight batsman Niraj Patel out in the second ball of the day, bowled by Mohit Sharma, without any addition to his yesterday`s individual score of 21.
The other overnight batsman Priyank Panchal added nine more runs to his yesterday`s score of 22 before he was out seven overs later off Ashish Hooda at the team score of 66 for three.
None of the Gujarat batsmen could produce any substantial knock with Manprit Juneja top-scorering with a 42. Pratharesh Parmar and Jesal Karia contributed 35 and 37 respectively.
Haryana first innings: 207 and 61 for no loss in 22 overs (Nitin Saini batting 32, Rahul Dewan batting 28).
Gujarat first innings: 228 all out in 78.3 overs (Manpreet Juneja 42; Jayant Yadav 3/47, Amit Mishra 3/52).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says