Hayden says Ponting’s axing from ODI squad ‘disgraceful’
Melbourne: Former Australian batsman Matthew Hayden has slammed veteran batsman Ricky Ponting`s one-day sacking as a "disgrace".
"It was disgraceful treatment of our modern-day Bradman. I feel speechless. The logic that (Ponting) was left out so we can prepare for the next World Cup is just lost on me,” a daily quoted Hayden, as saying.
``It just looks as if he is being pushed further and further away from the team and I don`t understand why ... we should be celebrating the fact that he is still around and available to play," he added.
Hayden said Australia is searching for a star cricketer who may not exist, and should instead be "celebrating" the fact that Ponting was still playing for the country.
He also claimed that the batting depth outside the national side was worryingly thin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog