Hayden says Ponting’s axing from ODI squad ‘disgraceful’
Melbourne: Former Australian batsman Matthew Hayden has slammed veteran batsman Ricky Ponting`s one-day sacking as a "disgrace".
"It was disgraceful treatment of our modern-day Bradman. I feel speechless. The logic that (Ponting) was left out so we can prepare for the next World Cup is just lost on me,” a daily quoted Hayden, as saying.
``It just looks as if he is being pushed further and further away from the team and I don`t understand why ... we should be celebrating the fact that he is still around and available to play," he added.
Hayden said Australia is searching for a star cricketer who may not exist, and should instead be "celebrating" the fact that Ponting was still playing for the country.
He also claimed that the batting depth outside the national side was worryingly thin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- In Indonesia, eat sumptuous food served in a commode literally! – Must Watch
- Unbelievable! This son of a billionaire works as aam aadmi
- Fresh clashes in Kashmir; one youth killed in firing, death toll rises to 45
- Meher Malik is driving internet crazy with her terrific belly moves on 'Game of Thrones' theme song!- Watch
- Axis Bank Q1 profit dips 21% at Rs 1,556 crore