Hayden says Ponting’s axing from ODI squad ‘disgraceful’
Melbourne: Former Australian batsman Matthew Hayden has slammed veteran batsman Ricky Ponting`s one-day sacking as a "disgrace".
"It was disgraceful treatment of our modern-day Bradman. I feel speechless. The logic that (Ponting) was left out so we can prepare for the next World Cup is just lost on me,” a daily quoted Hayden, as saying.
``It just looks as if he is being pushed further and further away from the team and I don`t understand why ... we should be celebrating the fact that he is still around and available to play," he added.
Hayden said Australia is searching for a star cricketer who may not exist, and should instead be "celebrating" the fact that Ponting was still playing for the country.
He also claimed that the batting depth outside the national side was worryingly thin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you