Hayden says Ponting’s axing from ODI squad ‘disgraceful’
Melbourne: Former Australian batsman Matthew Hayden has slammed veteran batsman Ricky Ponting`s one-day sacking as a "disgrace".
"It was disgraceful treatment of our modern-day Bradman. I feel speechless. The logic that (Ponting) was left out so we can prepare for the next World Cup is just lost on me,” a daily quoted Hayden, as saying.
``It just looks as if he is being pushed further and further away from the team and I don`t understand why ... we should be celebrating the fact that he is still around and available to play," he added.
Hayden said Australia is searching for a star cricketer who may not exist, and should instead be "celebrating" the fact that Ponting was still playing for the country.
He also claimed that the batting depth outside the national side was worryingly thin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Sushant Singh Rajput shares third poster of ‘M.S.Dhoni- The Untold Story’
- Triple treat for Shah Rukh Khan fans in 2017 – Details inside
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside