Hobart Test: Australia defeat Sri Lanka by 137 runs, lead series 1-0
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Updates from the fifth and final day of the Hobart Test played between Sri Lanka and Australia at Bellerive Oval, Hobart.
Over 119/2|| Score 255/10
And that’s it! Starc claims a five-wicket haul as Australia win the first Test by 137 runs! Starc who has bowled his heart out fired another short ball and Eranga gloved that to the keeper. Starc and Siddle were outstanding in the second innings as they shared 9 wickets between them. Peter Siddle who picked 9 wickets in both the innings is the Man of the Match.
Over 118 || Score 250/9
Sri Lanka lose their 9th wicket, Starc picks his fourth! Mitchell Starc has bowled some excellent overs today and has looked unplayable most of the times. Herath finally ran out of luck as a Yorker found the bottom of his bat and hit the stumps. A few overs before Starc scalped Kulasekata who nicked one to the keeper. The Aussies are one wicket away from a well deserved victory.
Over 108 || Score 235/7
Sri Lanka lose their wicket no. 7! Micthell Starc fired in a short ball that got some extra bounce and Prasanna edges it to the slip cordon. Michael Clarke has brought all his fielder inside the 30-yard circle and we cannot remember when was the last time a skipper did this in a Test match!
Sri LankaOver 103 || Score 223/6
Peter Siddle continues to trouble the Sri Lankan batsmen as he picks two more wickets to leave Sri Lanka struggling at 223/6. Australia are now just four wickets away from winning the first Test. Siddle has been very impressive today bowling with an accurate line and length! He needs one more wicket for a 5-wicket haul!
Sri LankaOver 89 || Score 177/4
After a few rain interruptions, Mathews and Samarweera have done well to make sure they don’t lose any more wickets.
Sri Lanka were 69/2 at the end of the fourth days play with Jayawardene and Sangakkara still at the crease. Sri Lanka needed another 328 runs to win the Test. Mahela was the first wicket to fall on Day 5 before he added 65 runs for the third wicket with Sangakkara. Siddle soon scalped Sanga (63) as well who was caught plumb in front of the wicket.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory