I am an honest man and I don`t seek publicity: Srinivasan
New Delhi: BCCI president N Srinivasan today rubbished Lalit Modi`s claim that the 2009 IPL auction of Andrew Flintoff was rigged and said that the former Commssioner was only seeking "publicity" by making such baseless statements.
"I haven`t watched the television programme where he (Modi) has said all this. All I can state is that, there is absolutely no substance or truth in what he is saying," said Srinivasan.
Modi in an interview to a private channel has said that he was "arm-twisted to allow Andrew Flintoff to go to CSK" during 2009 IPL auctions.
Srinivasan on his part said, "He (Modi) is talking about 2009 auctions and this is 2012. If what he is saying is true, then why didn`t he speak out earlier?"
When questioned that whether his silence on many issues has sent wrong signals, he replied, "If you say so, then you must be knowing that I have spoken to the media and expressed my views on Sahara issue. I am an honest man. I don`t seek any publicity and that`s why I maintain a dignified silence."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Triple treble: How Usain Bolt stormed to another set of gold medals at Rio Olympics – VIDEO
- Two reward-carrying women Naxals arrested; another surrenders
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Vs Redmi Note 3: Check out the differences
- Attack on American University in Afghanistan leaves 13 dead
- Confirmed! Ranveer Singh to play Khilji in 'Padmavati' opposite Deepika Padukone—Deets inside