I don`t want to react at all to Modi: Manohar
Mumbai: Indian Cricket Board chief Shashank Manohar on Tuesday rejected Lalit Modi`s latest tirade against the BCCI and ridiculed him by saying that the former IPL Commissioner might fascinate the media but not him.
"I don`t want to react at all to Mr Modi. Modi seems to fascinate the media. He does not fascinate me," BCCI chief Manohar said.
Modi, in his Twitter page, had alleged that the BCCI forced the International Cricket Council to change its constitution to outlaw the Indian Cricket League.
In a series of tweets, Modi, who was sacked as IPL Commissioner in April last year, disclosed that the BCCI had wanted the ICL to shut shop at any cost and it flexed its muscle to ensure that ICC and the other Cricket Boards fell in line.
"ICC set up a three member committee with me, Giles Clarke President ECB and Norman Arendse President CSA to draft the new constitution. BCCI called every member of ICC to ensure that they all help in changing the ICC constitution to outlaw ICL," Modi wrote on his `Twitter` page.
"ICC used Bird and Bird a UK-based law firm to ensure Regulations to stop ICL was made consistent Globally”, he added.
Asked for his reaction to Sports Minister Ajay Maken`s statement in Bangalore yesterday that all National Sports Federations, including the BCCI, will be brought under the proposed National Sports Development Bill, Manohar said the Board is waiting for the draft provisions to be made known.
"We do not know as yet what the provisions of the Bill are. We will wait and see," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!