ICC approves replacement of Blain by MacLeod in Scotland squad
Nottingham, June 01: Calum MacLeod has been approved as a replacement player for John Blain in Scotland`s squad for the ICC World Twenty20 which begins on June 5.
The Event Technical Committee of the tournament gave the approval and the decision has been conveyed to Cricket Scotland (CS).
The 20-year-old MacLeod takes over from Blain who has pulled out of the tournament for personal reasons. The committee decided that given the exceptional circumstances of the case it would grant Cricket Scotland the right to replace Blain in the squad.
Scotland play their first game of the tournament on Saturday against New Zealand at the Oval.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH