ICC approves replacement of Blain by MacLeod in Scotland squad
Nottingham, June 01: Calum MacLeod has been approved as a replacement player for John Blain in Scotland`s squad for the ICC World Twenty20 which begins on June 5.
The Event Technical Committee of the tournament gave the approval and the decision has been conveyed to Cricket Scotland (CS).
The 20-year-old MacLeod takes over from Blain who has pulled out of the tournament for personal reasons. The committee decided that given the exceptional circumstances of the case it would grant Cricket Scotland the right to replace Blain in the squad.
Scotland play their first game of the tournament on Saturday against New Zealand at the Oval.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional