ICC approves replacement of Blain by MacLeod in Scotland squad
Nottingham, June 01: Calum MacLeod has been approved as a replacement player for John Blain in Scotland`s squad for the ICC World Twenty20 which begins on June 5.
The Event Technical Committee of the tournament gave the approval and the decision has been conveyed to Cricket Scotland (CS).
The 20-year-old MacLeod takes over from Blain who has pulled out of the tournament for personal reasons. The committee decided that given the exceptional circumstances of the case it would grant Cricket Scotland the right to replace Blain in the squad.
Scotland play their first game of the tournament on Saturday against New Zealand at the Oval.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand