ICC CEC to discuss new FTP, 2011 WC groupings
Johannesburg: Future Tours Programme post 2012 and details of 2011 World Cup would be up for discussion when the ICC Chief Executives` Committee (CEC) meets.
Besides discussing the FTP as well as the seeding and groupings for the World Cup, scheduled to be staged in Indian sub-continent, the committee would also talk about a report from ICC security task force on arrangement of international matches.
With the current FTP due to conclude in May 2012, the concept of a Test championship, which has been discussed and debated by both the CEC and the ICC Board during several meetings, will also be considered.
The new FTP remains an important work-in-progress and will continue to receive attention during the course of this CEC meeting, an ICC release said.
The CEC will also receive update details on preparation for the 2011 World Cup and specifically consider the seedings and groupings for the quadrennial event that will be co-hosted by Bangladesh, India and Sri Lanka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read