ICC CEC to discuss new FTP, 2011 WC groupings
Johannesburg: Future Tours Programme post 2012 and details of 2011 World Cup would be up for discussion when the ICC Chief Executives` Committee (CEC) meets.
Besides discussing the FTP as well as the seeding and groupings for the World Cup, scheduled to be staged in Indian sub-continent, the committee would also talk about a report from ICC security task force on arrangement of international matches.
With the current FTP due to conclude in May 2012, the concept of a Test championship, which has been discussed and debated by both the CEC and the ICC Board during several meetings, will also be considered.
The new FTP remains an important work-in-progress and will continue to receive attention during the course of this CEC meeting, an ICC release said.
The CEC will also receive update details on preparation for the 2011 World Cup and specifically consider the seedings and groupings for the quadrennial event that will be co-hosted by Bangladesh, India and Sri Lanka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report