ICC CEC to discuss new FTP, 2011 WC groupings
Johannesburg: Future Tours Programme post 2012 and details of 2011 World Cup would be up for discussion when the ICC Chief Executives` Committee (CEC) meets.
Besides discussing the FTP as well as the seeding and groupings for the World Cup, scheduled to be staged in Indian sub-continent, the committee would also talk about a report from ICC security task force on arrangement of international matches.
With the current FTP due to conclude in May 2012, the concept of a Test championship, which has been discussed and debated by both the CEC and the ICC Board during several meetings, will also be considered.
The new FTP remains an important work-in-progress and will continue to receive attention during the course of this CEC meeting, an ICC release said.
The CEC will also receive update details on preparation for the 2011 World Cup and specifically consider the seedings and groupings for the quadrennial event that will be co-hosted by Bangladesh, India and Sri Lanka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- 1 die, 3 injured as fire breaks out in highrise
- Tour de France 2016: Chris Froome on brink of 3rd title as Ion Izaguirre wins penultimate stage
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar monitors search operations but no sign of missing IAF plane
- President Mukherjee, PM Modi condemns suicide attack in Kabul
- In-form Indian women hockey team beats Canada 3-1