ICC CEC to discuss new FTP, 2011 WC groupings
Johannesburg: Future Tours Programme post 2012 and details of 2011 World Cup would be up for discussion when the ICC Chief Executives` Committee (CEC) meets.
Besides discussing the FTP as well as the seeding and groupings for the World Cup, scheduled to be staged in Indian sub-continent, the committee would also talk about a report from ICC security task force on arrangement of international matches.
With the current FTP due to conclude in May 2012, the concept of a Test championship, which has been discussed and debated by both the CEC and the ICC Board during several meetings, will also be considered.
The new FTP remains an important work-in-progress and will continue to receive attention during the course of this CEC meeting, an ICC release said.
The CEC will also receive update details on preparation for the 2011 World Cup and specifically consider the seedings and groupings for the quadrennial event that will be co-hosted by Bangladesh, India and Sri Lanka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Two reward-carrying women Naxals arrested; another surrenders
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Vs Redmi Note 3: Check out the differences
- Attack on American University in Afghanistan leaves 13 dead
- Confirmed! Ranveer Singh to play Khilji in 'Padmavati' opposite Deepika Padukone—Deets inside
- BJP seeks FIR against Akhilesh, police officers for lathicharge