ICC CEC to discuss new FTP, 2011 WC groupings
Johannesburg: Future Tours Programme post 2012 and details of 2011 World Cup would be up for discussion when the ICC Chief Executives` Committee (CEC) meets.
Besides discussing the FTP as well as the seeding and groupings for the World Cup, scheduled to be staged in Indian sub-continent, the committee would also talk about a report from ICC security task force on arrangement of international matches.
With the current FTP due to conclude in May 2012, the concept of a Test championship, which has been discussed and debated by both the CEC and the ICC Board during several meetings, will also be considered.
The new FTP remains an important work-in-progress and will continue to receive attention during the course of this CEC meeting, an ICC release said.
The CEC will also receive update details on preparation for the 2011 World Cup and specifically consider the seedings and groupings for the quadrennial event that will be co-hosted by Bangladesh, India and Sri Lanka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore