David Warner involved in drunken brawl, won’t play today’s Champions Trophy match
Zee Media Bureau
Sydney: Australia's opening batsman David Warner was allegedly involved in a physical altercation with an England player after his team's match against England on Saturday night, Cricket Australia confirmed this on Wednesday.
The Australian batsman would not take part in their Wednesday’s encounter against New Zealand.
It is learnt that Cricket Australia is investigating this incident. He may be sent home from England as punishment.
The report further said that although details of the incident are still sketchy but there is a possibility that Warner could be sent home, making his leadership ambitions a distant dream.
Warner has come into trouble with CA for the second time in two weeks following his expletive-laden rant on Twitter for which he was fined 5750 dollars last month.
According to the report, although CA officials had claimed that Warner did not drink towards the end of the recent Indian Premier League (IPL) in India, IPL sources have claimed to be aware of Warner`s regular drinking, adding that he had flown three of his school mates to India during the Twenty20 tournament to keep him company.
Both Warner and the Delhi Daredevils struggled and Warner has hardly managed a run since he has been in England preparing for the Champions Trophy, the report added.
(With ANI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued