Now, Dhoni’s business interests under scanner
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In a startling revelation, a leading Indian business daily has reported that India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni has 15 percent stake in a sports marketing firm managing him and three other Indian cricketers.
According to the report, Dhoni’s conflict of interest arises on account of his position as the captain of the Indian cricket team and IPL franchise Chennai Super Kings.
Dhoni, in his capacity of the skipper of the national side, has a say in the selection matters. Also, he is the vice-president of India Cements – a company that owns CSK.
“On tour, the playing 11 is picked by the captain, vice-captain and coach. The players managed by Dhoni`s company will have an unfair advantage," former India cricketer Maninder Singh was quoted as saying by the daily.
The four other cricketers that the sports firm (Rhiti Sports) manages are Suresh Raina, Ravindra Jadeja and Pragyan Ojha.
Rhiti Sports is owned by Arun Pandey, a close friend of Dhoni. In 2010, Dhoni signed up with Rhiti reportedly for Rs 210 crore, an average of Rs 70 crore a year, the costliest deal in Indian cricket.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy