Shoiab Akhtar calls on Pak bowlers to be aggressive against South Africa
Karachi: Former Pakistan pacer Shoiab Akhtar has urged Pakistan bowlers to play aggressively and aim for the wickets in their group matches against South Africa and India in the ongoing Champions Trophy in the UK.
Akhtar believes that fast bowler Junaid Khan needs to be ready for defeating South Africa and reaching the semi-finals following their loss to West Indies.
Akhtar said that both South Africa and India have strong batsmen but Pakistan should exploit the fact that South Africa lacks good bowlers especially as Dale Steyn and Morne Morkel are injured and are not a part of the tournament.
Pakistan`s aim should not be defeating South Africa n or Indian batsmen but plundering their wickets and backed Junaid as the most effective bowler on the English tracks to exploit the conditions.
Akhtar also opined that Pakistani batsmen will need to test their individual potentials and play according to the pitches in England to be successful.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video