Shoiab Akhtar calls on Pak bowlers to be aggressive against South Africa
Karachi: Former Pakistan pacer Shoiab Akhtar has urged Pakistan bowlers to play aggressively and aim for the wickets in their group matches against South Africa and India in the ongoing Champions Trophy in the UK.
Akhtar believes that fast bowler Junaid Khan needs to be ready for defeating South Africa and reaching the semi-finals following their loss to West Indies.
Akhtar said that both South Africa and India have strong batsmen but Pakistan should exploit the fact that South Africa lacks good bowlers especially as Dale Steyn and Morne Morkel are injured and are not a part of the tournament.
Pakistan`s aim should not be defeating South Africa n or Indian batsmen but plundering their wickets and backed Junaid as the most effective bowler on the English tracks to exploit the conditions.
Akhtar also opined that Pakistani batsmen will need to test their individual potentials and play according to the pitches in England to be successful.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...