Steyn boost Proteas` CT hopes following `full intensity` net bowling
Johannesburg: South Africa paceman Dale Steyn has raised hopes that he will be fit for the critical ICC Champions Trophy game against West Indies on Friday after he bowled at full intensity in the nets on Wednesday.
Steyn missed South Africa`s opening two matches of the tournament with a side strain, but came through the side`s net session in which he bowled at full pace.
According to team manager Mohammed Moosajee, although Steyn is progressing well as he came through his net session without any discomfort, but added that the challenge is to watch him overnight to see if he wakes up with any stiffness.
Moosajee further said that if Steyn comes through Thursday`s net practice with flying colours, then he should be available for selection for the Friday game.
South Africa lost their Group B opener to India by 26 runs, but bounced back with a 67-run win over Pakistan on Monday.
They need to beat West Indies in Cardiff to reach the semi-finals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Alert issued in Bihar following heavy rain in catchment areas of Nepal
- WWE SmackDown: July 26, 2016 - Results and highlights
- SHOCKING! Former PM Manmohan Singh's plane nearly crashed in 2007
- Narsingh Yadav doping row: Did brother of international wrestler spike his food in Sonipat?
- 1st Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka vs Australia - As it happened...