Steyn boost Proteas` CT hopes following `full intensity` net bowling
Johannesburg: South Africa paceman Dale Steyn has raised hopes that he will be fit for the critical ICC Champions Trophy game against West Indies on Friday after he bowled at full intensity in the nets on Wednesday.
Steyn missed South Africa`s opening two matches of the tournament with a side strain, but came through the side`s net session in which he bowled at full pace.
According to team manager Mohammed Moosajee, although Steyn is progressing well as he came through his net session without any discomfort, but added that the challenge is to watch him overnight to see if he wakes up with any stiffness.
Moosajee further said that if Steyn comes through Thursday`s net practice with flying colours, then he should be available for selection for the Friday game.
South Africa lost their Group B opener to India by 26 runs, but bounced back with a 67-run win over Pakistan on Monday.
They need to beat West Indies in Cardiff to reach the semi-finals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends