Steyn boost Proteas` CT hopes following `full intensity` net bowling
Johannesburg: South Africa paceman Dale Steyn has raised hopes that he will be fit for the critical ICC Champions Trophy game against West Indies on Friday after he bowled at full intensity in the nets on Wednesday.
Steyn missed South Africa`s opening two matches of the tournament with a side strain, but came through the side`s net session in which he bowled at full pace.
According to team manager Mohammed Moosajee, although Steyn is progressing well as he came through his net session without any discomfort, but added that the challenge is to watch him overnight to see if he wakes up with any stiffness.
Moosajee further said that if Steyn comes through Thursday`s net practice with flying colours, then he should be available for selection for the Friday game.
South Africa lost their Group B opener to India by 26 runs, but bounced back with a 67-run win over Pakistan on Monday.
They need to beat West Indies in Cardiff to reach the semi-finals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'