`Injured` Irfan says `really devastated` to miss World T20
Karachi: Towering Pakistani fast bowler Mohammad Irfan has said that he is `really devastated` to miss the ongoing World Twenty20 following a hip injury.
Irfan said that after making a comeback in 2012, he hoped to represent Pakistan in the World T20 this year and the 2015 ODI World Cup.
According to The Express Tribune, Irfan, who suffered back-to-back hip injuries in South Africa and the domestic T20 tournament last month, said that he is disappointed at missing the tournament as he had put in a lot of hard work to play in Bangladesh and the 2015 World Cup.
The pacer said that he would not be able to achieve one of his biggest goals of helping Pakistan win their second World T20.
However, Irfan said that he has seen enough ups and downs in his life, which would help him recover from this injury and the setback of missing out on a mega event, adding that he has been a fighter throughout his life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof