Don`t be so bitter about one bad day: Harbhajan on Yuvraj
New Delhi: Facing a barrage of criticism for his slow batting in the lost World Twenty20 final against Sri Lanka, Indian batsman Yuvraj Singh found support from his teammate and close friend Harbhajan Singh, who urged fans to not be bitter about just "one bad day".
"Shocking to c every1 blaming @yuvstrong12. Guys this man has won u 2wc`s. One of the rare match winners India has produced," tweeted Harbhajan.
Yuvraj has been criticised by the game`s observers and ridiculed by fans online for scoring just 11 runs off 21 balls, which led to India totalling a mere 130, a target that was overhauled in 17.5 overs by Sri Lanka in the final last night.
But Harbhajan called for some perspective while analysing the dashing left-hander, who has been a proven performer.
"From 1st 19wc to natwest to 2007t20 to 2011wc. Find me a player who has done so much in big matches. 1 bad day n we become so bitter," said the veteran off-spinner, who is currently out of favour.
Meanwhile, India off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin expressed his disappointment at India`s loss.
"That was a tough pill to swallow, oucchhhh it hurts.Anyways well done to Mahela, sanga and the whole team," said Ashwin, referring to Sri Lanka`s retired veterans Mahela Jayawrdene
and Kumar Sangakkara.
Praise trickled in for Sri Lankan players from others in the cricketing fraternity as well.
"Congratulations Sri Lanka, well played tonight.., Bad luck to the Indian team, hold your heads high.. Thanks for the hospitality Bangladesh..," tweeted Australian spin legend Shane Warne.
"Great way for @KumarSanga2 and @MahelaJay to finish in T20.....Quality players and great men.... #WT20Champions," added former England captain Michael Vaughan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what