Don`t be so bitter about one bad day: Harbhajan on Yuvraj
New Delhi: Facing a barrage of criticism for his slow batting in the lost World Twenty20 final against Sri Lanka, Indian batsman Yuvraj Singh found support from his teammate and close friend Harbhajan Singh, who urged fans to not be bitter about just "one bad day".
"Shocking to c every1 blaming @yuvstrong12. Guys this man has won u 2wc`s. One of the rare match winners India has produced," tweeted Harbhajan.
Yuvraj has been criticised by the game`s observers and ridiculed by fans online for scoring just 11 runs off 21 balls, which led to India totalling a mere 130, a target that was overhauled in 17.5 overs by Sri Lanka in the final last night.
But Harbhajan called for some perspective while analysing the dashing left-hander, who has been a proven performer.
"From 1st 19wc to natwest to 2007t20 to 2011wc. Find me a player who has done so much in big matches. 1 bad day n we become so bitter," said the veteran off-spinner, who is currently out of favour.
Meanwhile, India off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin expressed his disappointment at India`s loss.
"That was a tough pill to swallow, oucchhhh it hurts.Anyways well done to Mahela, sanga and the whole team," said Ashwin, referring to Sri Lanka`s retired veterans Mahela Jayawrdene
and Kumar Sangakkara.
Praise trickled in for Sri Lankan players from others in the cricketing fraternity as well.
"Congratulations Sri Lanka, well played tonight.., Bad luck to the Indian team, hold your heads high.. Thanks for the hospitality Bangladesh..," tweeted Australian spin legend Shane Warne.
"Great way for @KumarSanga2 and @MahelaJay to finish in T20.....Quality players and great men.... #WT20Champions," added former England captain Michael Vaughan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list