ICC World T20 2014: Stage is all set for another India vs Sri Lanka final
Zee Media Bureau/ Abhilash Srivastava
Mirpur: The stage is all set for the ICC T20 World Cup final between India and Sri Lanka. Both the teams are geared up for this epic battle. Three years back in the same month, another World Cup final was played between these two Asian Lions, and India comprehensively sealed the victory and enjoyed the title of World Champions.
No cricket pundit even had an inkling that these both teams will again fight for World Cup crown, three years down the line. It`s very hard to compare who is better as both the teams are evenly poised. Last time, India spoiled Muttiah Muralitharan`s farewell match. This time around, MS Dhoni and his boys would possibly want to spoil Kumar Sangakkara and Mahela Jayawardene`s farewell T20I match. Sri Lanka has an upper hand over their rival India in terms of experience, but India looks a much more balanced side. It has a team which has a blend of youth and experience.
Apart from 1996 World Cup, Sri Lanka has never won an ICC World Cup. They have reached finals thrice - once in ICC World Cup and twice in T20 World Cup. If India win this time, then it will be second time that MSD will be kissing the trophy. Statistics also suggest that under Dhoni`s captaincy, if India reaches the semis, then the success rate is hundred percent in the ICC Tournaments (ICC 50 over World Cup, ICC T20 World Cup, ICC Champions Trophy).
India and Sri Lanka have faced each other five times in T20Is, out of which India have won thrice and Sri Lanka has two wins to their name. Both the teams know each others game pretty well. They would surely be working on their strengths and the weakness of their opponent. But it will be the handling of nerves in the final. The team which will soak the pressure well, will win and stamp their authority in the final of the ICC World T20 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!