ICC World T20 2014: Stage is all set for another India vs Sri Lanka final
Zee Media Bureau/ Abhilash Srivastava
Mirpur: The stage is all set for the ICC T20 World Cup final between India and Sri Lanka. Both the teams are geared up for this epic battle. Three years back in the same month, another World Cup final was played between these two Asian Lions, and India comprehensively sealed the victory and enjoyed the title of World Champions.
No cricket pundit even had an inkling that these both teams will again fight for World Cup crown, three years down the line. It`s very hard to compare who is better as both the teams are evenly poised. Last time, India spoiled Muttiah Muralitharan`s farewell match. This time around, MS Dhoni and his boys would possibly want to spoil Kumar Sangakkara and Mahela Jayawardene`s farewell T20I match. Sri Lanka has an upper hand over their rival India in terms of experience, but India looks a much more balanced side. It has a team which has a blend of youth and experience.
Apart from 1996 World Cup, Sri Lanka has never won an ICC World Cup. They have reached finals thrice - once in ICC World Cup and twice in T20 World Cup. If India win this time, then it will be second time that MSD will be kissing the trophy. Statistics also suggest that under Dhoni`s captaincy, if India reaches the semis, then the success rate is hundred percent in the ICC Tournaments (ICC 50 over World Cup, ICC T20 World Cup, ICC Champions Trophy).
India and Sri Lanka have faced each other five times in T20Is, out of which India have won thrice and Sri Lanka has two wins to their name. Both the teams know each others game pretty well. They would surely be working on their strengths and the weakness of their opponent. But it will be the handling of nerves in the final. The team which will soak the pressure well, will win and stamp their authority in the final of the ICC World T20 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened