ICC World T20: Netherlands bowled out for lowest score in T20I history
Zee Media Bureau/ Suyash Srivastava
New Delhi: Days after they chased down 189 runs against Ireland, Netherlands were bowled out for just 39 runs against Sri Lanka in 19th match of the ICC World Twenty20, played at Zahur Ahmed Chowdhary Stadium, Chittagong.
It is also the lowest score by any team in T20 internationals. Tom Cooper (16) was the only batsmen to reach double-digits, as the team was bundled out in just 10.3 overs.
Ajantha Mendis and Angelo Mathews were the pick of the bowlers as they scalped three wickets each. Lasith Malinga picked two wickets, Kulasekara scalped one and one batsman was run-out.
Kenya owned the previous record for the lowest innings total in T20 internationals, where they scored 56 runs against Afghanistan in 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC