ICC World T20: Netherlands bowled out for lowest score in T20I history
Zee Media Bureau/ Suyash Srivastava
New Delhi: Days after they chased down 189 runs against Ireland, Netherlands were bowled out for just 39 runs against Sri Lanka in 19th match of the ICC World Twenty20, played at Zahur Ahmed Chowdhary Stadium, Chittagong.
It is also the lowest score by any team in T20 internationals. Tom Cooper (16) was the only batsmen to reach double-digits, as the team was bundled out in just 10.3 overs.
Ajantha Mendis and Angelo Mathews were the pick of the bowlers as they scalped three wickets each. Lasith Malinga picked two wickets, Kulasekara scalped one and one batsman was run-out.
Kenya owned the previous record for the lowest innings total in T20 internationals, where they scored 56 runs against Afghanistan in 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Waterlogging in Gurgaon hits Dehi-Jaipur route
- Hillary Clinton says Donald Trump wants US to `fear the future`
- Look what Karisma Kapoor has to say about sister Kareena Kapoor Khan’s baby
- Libya forces `retake` Benghazi district from jihadists
- HILARIOUS! Neymar fan caught in laundry room of Olympic team hotel