IPL7 – Governing body releases first phase schedule
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) on Wednesday announced the schedule of the forthcoming Indian Premier League`s first phase, which will take place in United Arab Emirates (UAE). The seventh edition is to kick start from April 16.
The first encounter of the cash-rich IPL 7 is between the defending champions Mumbai Indians (MI) and the Kolkata franchise, Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR).
The United Arab Emirates will stage the initial phase of the IPL, hosting the first 20 matches in three different stadiums: Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Sharjah CA Stadium and Dubai International Cricket Stadium.
— IndianPremierLeague (@IPL) March 19, 2014
The tournament, which had to be partly shifted out of the country owing to the general elections, will return to India for the final phase from May 13 though the BCCI has sought the government`s permission to stage matches in the country from May 1 itself.
The early return to India would be possible only if the government agrees to provide security to the tournament in states where polling would have concluded at that stage. "The BCCI is pleased to announce that the 2014 Pepsi IPL season will start on Wednesday 16th April 2014, and conclude on Sunday, 1st June 2014," Board Secretary Sanjay Patel said in an earlier statement.
With Agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'