IPL7 – Governing body releases first phase schedule
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) on Wednesday announced the schedule of the forthcoming Indian Premier League`s first phase, which will take place in United Arab Emirates (UAE). The seventh edition is to kick start from April 16.
The first encounter of the cash-rich IPL 7 is between the defending champions Mumbai Indians (MI) and the Kolkata franchise, Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR).
The United Arab Emirates will stage the initial phase of the IPL, hosting the first 20 matches in three different stadiums: Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Sharjah CA Stadium and Dubai International Cricket Stadium.
— IndianPremierLeague (@IPL) March 19, 2014
The tournament, which had to be partly shifted out of the country owing to the general elections, will return to India for the final phase from May 13 though the BCCI has sought the government`s permission to stage matches in the country from May 1 itself.
The early return to India would be possible only if the government agrees to provide security to the tournament in states where polling would have concluded at that stage. "The BCCI is pleased to announce that the 2014 Pepsi IPL season will start on Wednesday 16th April 2014, and conclude on Sunday, 1st June 2014," Board Secretary Sanjay Patel said in an earlier statement.
With Agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy