McCullum becomes first man to reach 2000 T20 runs in Kiwis` 6-wicket win over Netherlands
Johannesburg: New Zealand captain Brendon McCullum has become the first man to reach 2000 runs in Twenty20 cricket during his side`s six-wicket win over the Netherlands in their World Twenty Super-10 clash on Saturday in Chittagong.
The win gives New Zealand their second win in three games while the Netherlands, the only associate side to qualify for the second round, crashed out of the event with three defeats in as many games.
According to Sport24, McCullum hit a robust half-century, a 45-ball 65 which included three sixes and four boundaries, to make easy work of a 152-run target which New Zealand chased down in 19 overs.
McCullum also became the first man to reach 2000 runs in Twenty20 cricket when he cleared 21 in his 67th match, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details