McCullum becomes first man to reach 2000 T20 runs in Kiwis` 6-wicket win over Netherlands
Johannesburg: New Zealand captain Brendon McCullum has become the first man to reach 2000 runs in Twenty20 cricket during his side`s six-wicket win over the Netherlands in their World Twenty Super-10 clash on Saturday in Chittagong.
The win gives New Zealand their second win in three games while the Netherlands, the only associate side to qualify for the second round, crashed out of the event with three defeats in as many games.
According to Sport24, McCullum hit a robust half-century, a 45-ball 65 which included three sixes and four boundaries, to make easy work of a 152-run target which New Zealand chased down in 19 overs.
McCullum also became the first man to reach 2000 runs in Twenty20 cricket when he cleared 21 in his 67th match, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Central Government plays waiting game as Wrestling Federation backs dope-tainted Narsingh Yadav
- File chargesheet against Chhota Rajan in Dey murder case by Aug 5, court tells CBI
- Swimming's governing body FINA bans seven Russians from participating at Rio Olympics
- Not liable to repay Rs 6,000 crore debt due to breach of terms: Kingfisher Airlines
- Pakistan assures China of 'smooth progress' of economic corridor