Impasse between CA and Oz cricketers over new pay deal set to end soon
Sydney: Cricket Australia (CA) and its players are likely to break their deadlock over a new pay deal, with both parties set to announce a new pact.
CA and the Australian Cricketers` Association (ACA) expressed optimism on Monday over a new deal, which could be signed by the end of the week
The number of CA-contracted players is believed to be 18, as it was agreed upon early in negotiations but both sides were not in agreement over the terms of the performance-based model, according to reports.
Another sticking point was the definition of which funds should be included in the Australian cricket revenue stream - of which the players currently get a 26 per cent share.
Both parties were in dispute over the share of proceeds generated by a proposed building redevelopment at the WACA Ground. The remaining differences are believed to be only minor.
ACA chief Paul Marsh has prepared a video presentation to send to his members this week.
“They will view that and see a copy of key deal points and ask them to vote electronically,” Marsh was quoted as saying.
A resolution will pave the way for CA to announce their contracted players for the next 12 months and allow states to finalize their playing list.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack