Imran Farhat eyeing permanent place in national side
Karachi: Pakistan`s opening batsman Imran Farhat has expressed his strong intent to cement a permanent place in the national team.
A not-so-regular national player Farhat has only 53 one-day-internationals (ODIs) to his credit in a span of 12 years.
The left-handed batsman stated that he has been playing domestic cricket during his absence from the national team, which has in turn helped him be in form.
Farhat further said that he gets to play international cricket as a reward against his performances in the domestic cricket, adding that his run-scoring capabilities have won him a place in the team.
After scoring a triple-century in domestic cricket earlier this year, Farhat was recalled to the Test squad for the South Africa tour and his success at the ODIs have cemented him a spot in the top three, for which the batsman said he is ready and confident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users