Imran Farhat eyeing permanent place in national side
Karachi: Pakistan`s opening batsman Imran Farhat has expressed his strong intent to cement a permanent place in the national team.
A not-so-regular national player Farhat has only 53 one-day-internationals (ODIs) to his credit in a span of 12 years.
The left-handed batsman stated that he has been playing domestic cricket during his absence from the national team, which has in turn helped him be in form.
Farhat further said that he gets to play international cricket as a reward against his performances in the domestic cricket, adding that his run-scoring capabilities have won him a place in the team.
After scoring a triple-century in domestic cricket earlier this year, Farhat was recalled to the Test squad for the South Africa tour and his success at the ODIs have cemented him a spot in the top three, for which the batsman said he is ready and confident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets