Imran Farhat eyeing permanent place in national side
Karachi: Pakistan`s opening batsman Imran Farhat has expressed his strong intent to cement a permanent place in the national team.
A not-so-regular national player Farhat has only 53 one-day-internationals (ODIs) to his credit in a span of 12 years.
The left-handed batsman stated that he has been playing domestic cricket during his absence from the national team, which has in turn helped him be in form.
Farhat further said that he gets to play international cricket as a reward against his performances in the domestic cricket, adding that his run-scoring capabilities have won him a place in the team.
After scoring a triple-century in domestic cricket earlier this year, Farhat was recalled to the Test squad for the South Africa tour and his success at the ODIs have cemented him a spot in the top three, for which the batsman said he is ready and confident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions