Aleem Dar in no mood to retire
Karachi: Top Pakistani umpire Aleem Dar today said he would not retire in the wake his criticism for some poor decisions during the India-England Mumbai Test, saying he has moved on.
Dar said he would retire from the game the day he feels he cannot do his duties as international umpire properly.
"Every umpire has a bad day and can make mistakes. It happens to everyone. But I will step down from the elite panel and retire from umpiring the day I feel I have lost the confidence to supervise a match properly and give decisions," he said.
Australia`s former Test great Shane Warne had lashed out at Dar in a tweet, saying he had always been a poor umpire and bad decision maker.
Dar said he had not read Warne`s tweet nor would bother to read it.
"He has been a great player for Australia and it is his opinion. But I can`t afford to start taking all criticism to heart. For me the match is over and I have done a analysis of my performance and it is time to now move on to the next game," Dar told Geo Super channel.
Dar also said he couldn`t comment on whether the ICC should take note of Warne`s criticism of a elite panel umpire.
"I have nothing to do with that."
Dar also said that Warne after retiring from cricket now had a new profession as media person and he had his duties to fulfil.
"He has his job to do and I have mine to do so it does not bother me what anyone tweets about me," he said.
The Pakistani umpire said he personally favoured having the Umpires Decision Review System (UDRS) in place for all the matches.
"I personally feel it has been helpful for the umpires and modern technology has only helped umpires improve upon themselves," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31