Have no words to express my feelings: Jadeja
Rajkot: Saurashtra all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja, who has impressed the national selectors with his performance in the Ranji Trophy, today said he had no words to express his feelings over his inclusion in the national team.
"All credit goes to my family members and especially to my mother, whose contribution is invaluable in my cricketing life. I have no words to express my feelings over my selection in the national team," he told reporters here at the SCA Stadium Khandheri.
Jadeja was today selected for the final Test against England, to be played in Nagpur from December 13.
"When I started playing cricket, I was told that Test cricket was real cricket and it was my desire to play Test cricket," he said and added that he would deliver his best if given a chance.
Jadeja has done well this season, making two triple centuries against Gujarat (unbeaten 303) and Railways (331).
He also scored 70 runs in the first innings in the ongoing match against Bengal and is batting on 67 in second.
Jadeja said that after making two triple centuries, he was hoping that he would be considered for Test cricket too.
"I have proved my ability to stay on wicket for a long time, which is necessary while playing Test cricket, and I was hoping after making two triple centuries I would be selected for Test cricket," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical