Have no words to express my feelings: Jadeja
Rajkot: Saurashtra all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja, who has impressed the national selectors with his performance in the Ranji Trophy, today said he had no words to express his feelings over his inclusion in the national team.
"All credit goes to my family members and especially to my mother, whose contribution is invaluable in my cricketing life. I have no words to express my feelings over my selection in the national team," he told reporters here at the SCA Stadium Khandheri.
Jadeja was today selected for the final Test against England, to be played in Nagpur from December 13.
"When I started playing cricket, I was told that Test cricket was real cricket and it was my desire to play Test cricket," he said and added that he would deliver his best if given a chance.
Jadeja has done well this season, making two triple centuries against Gujarat (unbeaten 303) and Railways (331).
He also scored 70 runs in the first innings in the ongoing match against Bengal and is batting on 67 in second.
Jadeja said that after making two triple centuries, he was hoping that he would be considered for Test cricket too.
"I have proved my ability to stay on wicket for a long time, which is necessary while playing Test cricket, and I was hoping after making two triple centuries I would be selected for Test cricket," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video