Have no words to express my feelings: Jadeja
Rajkot: Saurashtra all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja, who has impressed the national selectors with his performance in the Ranji Trophy, today said he had no words to express his feelings over his inclusion in the national team.
"All credit goes to my family members and especially to my mother, whose contribution is invaluable in my cricketing life. I have no words to express my feelings over my selection in the national team," he told reporters here at the SCA Stadium Khandheri.
Jadeja was today selected for the final Test against England, to be played in Nagpur from December 13.
"When I started playing cricket, I was told that Test cricket was real cricket and it was my desire to play Test cricket," he said and added that he would deliver his best if given a chance.
Jadeja has done well this season, making two triple centuries against Gujarat (unbeaten 303) and Railways (331).
He also scored 70 runs in the first innings in the ongoing match against Bengal and is batting on 67 in second.
Jadeja said that after making two triple centuries, he was hoping that he would be considered for Test cricket too.
"I have proved my ability to stay on wicket for a long time, which is necessary while playing Test cricket, and I was hoping after making two triple centuries I would be selected for Test cricket," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown