India-England teams to arrive in Kochi on Saturday
Kochi: India and England`s cricket teams will be arriving here tomorrow by a chartered flight for the second one-day international, scheduled to be held on January 15.
The two teams are expected to be here by 5.45 pm, Kerala Cricket Association (KCA) secretary T C Mathew said.
The teams will have separate practise sessions on Sunday and the day after.
The KCA said the ticket counters at the stadium will be functioning on January 13 and 14.
BCCI curator P R Viswanadh will be visiting the stadium tomorrow morning.
Top police personnel including IGP K Padmakumar, Police commissioner K G James visited the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium to oversee the security arrangements.
KCA said the aggregate ticket sales for the ODI has crossed Rs 90 lakh till (sales up to 5 PM today) and is expected to cross Rs 1 crore.
A full-fledged media box, media center and conference hall are getting ready to accommodate 125 to 150 scribes. A separate media centre, exclusively for the press photographers, is also ready.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?