Mumbai Test: Umesh Yadav unfit; Ishant Shamra likely to replace him
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Mumbai: Indian skipper MS Dhoni has declared that fast bowler Umesh Yadav was unfit for the Mumbai Test to be played against England from Friday as he has not recovered fully from his sore back.
Ishant Sharma would likely to replace him in the final XI.
"Umesh is unfit for this Test match. He has a sore back," Cricinfo quoted Dhoni as saying on the eve of the match. "We play with two seamers and two spinners, so I don`t think we can take a risk to play him in this match. He is most likely to miss this Test match."
Though Ashok Dinda was called up yesterday as the back-up bowler for injured Yadav but he would not be featuring in the match. Ishant Sharma, who was the third pacer in the team, would in all likelihood replace Yadav in the Indian XI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Gurdaspur terror attack- As it happened
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India