Mumbai Test: Umesh Yadav unfit; Ishant Shamra likely to replace him
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Mumbai: Indian skipper MS Dhoni has declared that fast bowler Umesh Yadav was unfit for the Mumbai Test to be played against England from Friday as he has not recovered fully from his sore back.
Ishant Sharma would likely to replace him in the final XI.
"Umesh is unfit for this Test match. He has a sore back," Cricinfo quoted Dhoni as saying on the eve of the match. "We play with two seamers and two spinners, so I don`t think we can take a risk to play him in this match. He is most likely to miss this Test match."
Though Ashok Dinda was called up yesterday as the back-up bowler for injured Yadav but he would not be featuring in the match. Ishant Sharma, who was the third pacer in the team, would in all likelihood replace Yadav in the Indian XI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 85 seats, BJP in 53; counting underway
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Results 2017 LIVE: Out of 10 civic bodies, Shiv Sena ahead in BMC and Thane; BJP in 7, NCP in Pimpri Chinchwad