Sehwag can make comeback in ODIs: Ganguly
Kochi: Former captain Sourav Ganguly refused to think that Virender Sehwag`s ODI career was over after he was dropped from Indian squad for the first three matches of the ongoing series against England and said that the opener has still a lot of cricket left in him.
Asked if Sehwag`s one-day career was over after he was dropped from the Indian squad, Ganguly said, "You can`t say such things. I feel he has lot of ability. Forget about Sehwag who has done so well in ODI. You cannot say such things about anyone. We will just have to wait and see."
On whether Mahendra Singh Dhoni should be retained as Test captain, Ganguly said it was for the selectors to decide.
"Let the selectors decide that," he told a news channel.
Asked if India`s current crop of young fast bowlers will become mature and competitive by 2015, he said, "It is a young team, it is very difficult to give a time frame. We will have to wait and see how long they take."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?