Sehwag can make comeback in ODIs: Ganguly
Kochi: Former captain Sourav Ganguly refused to think that Virender Sehwag`s ODI career was over after he was dropped from Indian squad for the first three matches of the ongoing series against England and said that the opener has still a lot of cricket left in him.
Asked if Sehwag`s one-day career was over after he was dropped from the Indian squad, Ganguly said, "You can`t say such things. I feel he has lot of ability. Forget about Sehwag who has done so well in ODI. You cannot say such things about anyone. We will just have to wait and see."
On whether Mahendra Singh Dhoni should be retained as Test captain, Ganguly said it was for the selectors to decide.
"Let the selectors decide that," he told a news channel.
Asked if India`s current crop of young fast bowlers will become mature and competitive by 2015, he said, "It is a young team, it is very difficult to give a time frame. We will have to wait and see how long they take."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?