Sehwag can make comeback in ODIs: Ganguly
Kochi: Former captain Sourav Ganguly refused to think that Virender Sehwag`s ODI career was over after he was dropped from Indian squad for the first three matches of the ongoing series against England and said that the opener has still a lot of cricket left in him.
Asked if Sehwag`s one-day career was over after he was dropped from the Indian squad, Ganguly said, "You can`t say such things. I feel he has lot of ability. Forget about Sehwag who has done so well in ODI. You cannot say such things about anyone. We will just have to wait and see."
On whether Mahendra Singh Dhoni should be retained as Test captain, Ganguly said it was for the selectors to decide.
"Let the selectors decide that," he told a news channel.
Asked if India`s current crop of young fast bowlers will become mature and competitive by 2015, he said, "It is a young team, it is very difficult to give a time frame. We will have to wait and see how long they take."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh