Sehwag can make comeback in ODIs: Ganguly
Kochi: Former captain Sourav Ganguly refused to think that Virender Sehwag`s ODI career was over after he was dropped from Indian squad for the first three matches of the ongoing series against England and said that the opener has still a lot of cricket left in him.
Asked if Sehwag`s one-day career was over after he was dropped from the Indian squad, Ganguly said, "You can`t say such things. I feel he has lot of ability. Forget about Sehwag who has done so well in ODI. You cannot say such things about anyone. We will just have to wait and see."
On whether Mahendra Singh Dhoni should be retained as Test captain, Ganguly said it was for the selectors to decide.
"Let the selectors decide that," he told a news channel.
Asked if India`s current crop of young fast bowlers will become mature and competitive by 2015, he said, "It is a young team, it is very difficult to give a time frame. We will have to wait and see how long they take."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra show on importance of 'Social media networking'
- Woman arrested for senior citizen's murder in east Delhi
- 'White House under George Bush was against denying visa to Narendra Modi'
- England vs Pakistan: 2nd Test, Day 2 — As it happened...
- Erdogan says EU `biased and prejudiced` towards Turkey after coup bid
- Jailed Venezuelan opposition leader appeals sentence