Sehwag can make comeback in ODIs: Ganguly
Kochi: Former captain Sourav Ganguly refused to think that Virender Sehwag`s ODI career was over after he was dropped from Indian squad for the first three matches of the ongoing series against England and said that the opener has still a lot of cricket left in him.
Asked if Sehwag`s one-day career was over after he was dropped from the Indian squad, Ganguly said, "You can`t say such things. I feel he has lot of ability. Forget about Sehwag who has done so well in ODI. You cannot say such things about anyone. We will just have to wait and see."
On whether Mahendra Singh Dhoni should be retained as Test captain, Ganguly said it was for the selectors to decide.
"Let the selectors decide that," he told a news channel.
Asked if India`s current crop of young fast bowlers will become mature and competitive by 2015, he said, "It is a young team, it is very difficult to give a time frame. We will have to wait and see how long they take."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case- Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack