Vinay Kumar replaces injured Balaji in India T20 squad
New Delhi: Pacer L Balaji was on Thursday replaced by R Vinay Kumar in the Indian Twenty20 squad for the two matches against England after picking up a foot injury.
"L Balaji has suffered a stress injury to his right big toe, and has been ruled out of the Airtel T20 International series against England, as a result," BCCI Secretary Sanjay Jagdale said in a statement.
"The All-India Senior Selection Committee has picked R Vinay Kumar as his replacement in the Indian team," he added.
Balaji was performing decently in the ongoing Ranji Trophy competition, picking up 11 wickets in four matches for Tamil Nadu.
Vinay is also in good form, having taken 17 wickets for Karnataka in four Ranji Trophy matches this season.
The India-England Twenty20 matches are scheduled to be held on December 20 and 22 in Pune and Mumbai respectively.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev