Vinay Kumar replaces injured Balaji in India T20 squad
New Delhi: Pacer L Balaji was on Thursday replaced by R Vinay Kumar in the Indian Twenty20 squad for the two matches against England after picking up a foot injury.
"L Balaji has suffered a stress injury to his right big toe, and has been ruled out of the Airtel T20 International series against England, as a result," BCCI Secretary Sanjay Jagdale said in a statement.
"The All-India Senior Selection Committee has picked R Vinay Kumar as his replacement in the Indian team," he added.
Balaji was performing decently in the ongoing Ranji Trophy competition, picking up 11 wickets in four matches for Tamil Nadu.
Vinay is also in good form, having taken 17 wickets for Karnataka in four Ranji Trophy matches this season.
The India-England Twenty20 matches are scheduled to be held on December 20 and 22 in Pune and Mumbai respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!