Yuvraj Singh skips practice due to "sore throat"
Mohali: Senior batsman and local boy Yuvraj Singh today skipped the team`s net session ahead of the fourth ODI against England tomorrow, due to sore throat.
"He had a sore throat, but he is otherwise okay," cricketer`s personal manager informed today.
He said that Yuvraj is fit to play tomorrow`s crucial game.
Yesterday, Yuvraj had participated in the Indian team`s training session as he was seen playing soccer and also did a bit of stretching exercises with his teammates.
Yuvraj`s fans are equally excited to see him playing in front of his homecrowd once again. Yuvraj, who had emerged as the player of the tournament in the 2011 World Cup, had last played the Cup`s semi-final in Mohali against Pakistan, where he failed with the bat.
The left-hander`s fans would be keen to see him in action as the illness had kept him out for long. Yuvraj has featured in 280 ODIs with over 8,000 runs that includes 13 centuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train - Part II
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...