Yuvraj Singh skips practice due to "sore throat"
Mohali: Senior batsman and local boy Yuvraj Singh today skipped the team`s net session ahead of the fourth ODI against England tomorrow, due to sore throat.
"He had a sore throat, but he is otherwise okay," cricketer`s personal manager informed today.
He said that Yuvraj is fit to play tomorrow`s crucial game.
Yesterday, Yuvraj had participated in the Indian team`s training session as he was seen playing soccer and also did a bit of stretching exercises with his teammates.
Yuvraj`s fans are equally excited to see him playing in front of his homecrowd once again. Yuvraj, who had emerged as the player of the tournament in the 2011 World Cup, had last played the Cup`s semi-final in Mohali against Pakistan, where he failed with the bat.
The left-hander`s fans would be keen to see him in action as the illness had kept him out for long. Yuvraj has featured in 280 ODIs with over 8,000 runs that includes 13 centuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?