Yuvraj Singh skips practice due to "sore throat"
Mohali: Senior batsman and local boy Yuvraj Singh today skipped the team`s net session ahead of the fourth ODI against England tomorrow, due to sore throat.
"He had a sore throat, but he is otherwise okay," cricketer`s personal manager informed today.
He said that Yuvraj is fit to play tomorrow`s crucial game.
Yesterday, Yuvraj had participated in the Indian team`s training session as he was seen playing soccer and also did a bit of stretching exercises with his teammates.
Yuvraj`s fans are equally excited to see him playing in front of his homecrowd once again. Yuvraj, who had emerged as the player of the tournament in the 2011 World Cup, had last played the Cup`s semi-final in Mohali against Pakistan, where he failed with the bat.
The left-hander`s fans would be keen to see him in action as the illness had kept him out for long. Yuvraj has featured in 280 ODIs with over 8,000 runs that includes 13 centuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- DNA: Heroes of surgical strike receives gallantry award
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion