Yuvraj Singh skips practice due to "sore throat"
Mohali: Senior batsman and local boy Yuvraj Singh today skipped the team`s net session ahead of the fourth ODI against England tomorrow, due to sore throat.
"He had a sore throat, but he is otherwise okay," cricketer`s personal manager informed today.
He said that Yuvraj is fit to play tomorrow`s crucial game.
Yesterday, Yuvraj had participated in the Indian team`s training session as he was seen playing soccer and also did a bit of stretching exercises with his teammates.
Yuvraj`s fans are equally excited to see him playing in front of his homecrowd once again. Yuvraj, who had emerged as the player of the tournament in the 2011 World Cup, had last played the Cup`s semi-final in Mohali against Pakistan, where he failed with the bat.
The left-hander`s fans would be keen to see him in action as the illness had kept him out for long. Yuvraj has featured in 280 ODIs with over 8,000 runs that includes 13 centuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest