We were touched by warmth of Indian public: PCB chief Ashraf
New Delhi: The Pakistan Cricket Board chief Zaka Ashraf on Monday thanked the BCCI as well as the Indian fans for the warm reception that the team got here during the five-match limited overs series that concluded on Sunday.
"I would like to thank the Indian cricket board as well as all the state associations like DDCA, CAB, GCA, KSCA and TNCA for being great hosts. Wherever we have gone, there has been an atmosphere of brotherhood. The series has been well-contested and we hope to have many more such series," Ashraf told mediapersons before the entire contingent left for Pakistan in the afternoon.
ODI captain Misbah-ul-Haq said, "It was a fantastic series but more than anything, we have had some ever-lasting memories of this tour. In whichever city we went, people treated us as if we were one of their own. It was such a touching experience for all of us. Hopefully, we will have many more such bilateral series which the fans from both countries are eagerly waiting for."
T20 captain Mohammed Hafeez is hopeful that now India will start touring Pakistan.
"The love and affection that we have received from the Indian public is amazing. Now it`s our turn to return the favour. We are looking forward to welcoming the Indian team and also give the same amount of love and affection," Hafeez said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video