We were touched by warmth of Indian public: PCB chief Ashraf
New Delhi: The Pakistan Cricket Board chief Zaka Ashraf on Monday thanked the BCCI as well as the Indian fans for the warm reception that the team got here during the five-match limited overs series that concluded on Sunday.
"I would like to thank the Indian cricket board as well as all the state associations like DDCA, CAB, GCA, KSCA and TNCA for being great hosts. Wherever we have gone, there has been an atmosphere of brotherhood. The series has been well-contested and we hope to have many more such series," Ashraf told mediapersons before the entire contingent left for Pakistan in the afternoon.
ODI captain Misbah-ul-Haq said, "It was a fantastic series but more than anything, we have had some ever-lasting memories of this tour. In whichever city we went, people treated us as if we were one of their own. It was such a touching experience for all of us. Hopefully, we will have many more such bilateral series which the fans from both countries are eagerly waiting for."
T20 captain Mohammed Hafeez is hopeful that now India will start touring Pakistan.
"The love and affection that we have received from the Indian public is amazing. Now it`s our turn to return the favour. We are looking forward to welcoming the Indian team and also give the same amount of love and affection," Hafeez said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter