India `A` vs New Zealand `A`: 3rd unofficial ODI - As it happened...
Zee Media Bureau
Over 50 || Score 291/8
Mandeep Singh and Rahul Sharma stitched a pivotal 47-run partnership for the eighth wicket as India A won the match by two wickets. Mandeep Singh played some aggressive strokes and was unbeaten on 37 from just 27 balls. Rahul Sharma too played a crucial knock of 20 runs before he skied the last delivery of the penultimate delivery high in the air and was dismissed. Sandeep Sharma was the next batsman in and he hit the winning runs off the first ball he faced.
R Sharma c Munro b Gillespie 20 (22b)
Jalaj S Saxena c Ronchi b Bracewell 19 (20b)
Over 40 || Score 218/6
Jadhav and Menaria both completed their half-centuries and even take the Indian score to 200 plus in the 36th over but in the 38th over both the batsmen got out. First, Jadhav got run out after scoring 57 runs and then after a gap of two balls Menaria also gave his wicket after playing a poor shot on 69. After the completion of 40 overs India A required 73 runs in 60 balls to win the match.
KM Jadhav run out 57 (61b)
AL Menaria c Sodhi b Kuggeleijn 69 (50b)
Over 30 || Score 167/4
After losing four wickets within 10 overs, the pair of K Jadhav and A Menaria has been playing sensible cricket. Both of them are sending the loose balls towards boundaries and rotating the strike as well. In the 28th over both of them made sure that India crossed the mark of 150 runs. By the end of 30th Menaria is playing on 48, on the other end Jadhav is on 39.
Mark Gillespie provided his team the first breakthrough with the wicket of Unmukt Chand who was caught by wicketkeeper Luke Ronchi. He scored 11 (29b, 4X1). Sanju Samson came in at no 3. Samson struck a boundary off Kuggeleijn to get off the mark. He, however, soon became Gillespie’s second victim after trying to upper cut his fifth delivery in the 13th over and offering Kuggeleijn an easy catch. He scored 5 (12b, 4X1). Sachin Baby was the next man in. Meanwhile, in the 16th over, Uthappa sent Kuggeleijn’s first delivery over long on boundary for a maximum. He later hit a boundary in the same over through midwicket region. Uthappa struck his sixth boundary off the fourth delivery of the 19th over. However, off the next, he was caught by wicketkeeper Ronchi becoming Anderson’s first victim. Uthappa scored 46 (50b, 4X6, 6X1). Sachin followed him to the dressing room in the next over after being bowled by Ish Sodhi. He scored 16 (24b, 4X2).
INDIA A Over: 10 II Score: 36/0
India A are off to a cautious start as they look to chase the target of 291 runs set by New Zealand A. Unmukt Chand and Robin Uthappa have opened the innings for the home side. Mark Gillespie opened the bowling for the visitors and off his first Uthappa added a couple to his total. The next by Doug Bracewell was a maiden. Uthappa struck back-to-back boundaries off Gillespie in the fifth over through point and gully regions. His next boundary came off the sixth delivery of the next over. Unmukt Chand scored his first boundary employing a pull as Gillespie dropped one short in the ninth over. Off the 10th came just three runs.
NEW ZEALAND A Over: 50 II Score: 290/9
Jalaj S Saxena induced an edge from the bat of Munro off his first delivery in the 41st over that was taken by wicketkeeper Samson. He scored 1 (3b). Off the sixth delivery of the same over, Bracewell was run out after clashing with Latham while going for a single. He departed for a duck. In the next, Menaria bowled Latham for his second wicket of the innings. Lotham scored 53 (48b, 4X6). Todd Astle and Scott Kuggeleijn added 56 runs for the eighth wicket and took the score to 290 runs. Kuggeleijn began the final over of the innings with a boundary over the bowlers’ head. He scored another boundary off the third over. Astle and Kuggeleijn were dismissed off the final two deliveries - the former caught by Sachin while the later victim of a run out.
NEW ZEALAND A Over: 40 II Score: 232/4
Five runs came in the 30th over including a boundary to Latham. Anderson hit Menaria in the next for a huge maximum. 10 runs came in the over. Sachin Baby was introduced in the 34th over and Anderson struck a boundary in it. Sandeep Sharma was brought back into the attack and off his fourth delivery, Anderson scored his second six of the innings over midwicket boundary. Jalaj S Saxena bowled Anderson in the 39th over. He departed after scoring a brisk 59 (45b, 4X6, 6X2).Colin Munro is the new man in the middle. Latham struck three boundaries in the 40th over bowled by Sachin Baby. 12 runs came in it.
NEW ZEALAND A Over: 30 II Score: 152/3
Rahul Sharma broke the century stand between Cachopa and Devcich by removing the former off the sixth delivery of 23rd over. Cachopa was caught by Jadhav at midwicket. He scored 33 (54b, 4X4). Corey J Anderson came in to bat at no 4. Anderson took just two deliveries to score his first boundary in the 24th over by Saxena. Ashoke Mearia removed Devcich first over by having him caught by Chand at short mid wicket. He scored 66 (85b, 4X8). Tom Latham is the new man in the middle for New Zealand.
NEW ZEALAND A Over: 20 II Score: 94/1
The pair of Devcich and Cachopa have added 88 runs for the second wicket. Spin in Jalaj Saxena was introduced in the 12th over off which came just two runs. The next by Rahul Sharma saw the batting side add four more runs to the total. Devcich scored the first boundary off Jalaj in the next employing a sweep. That was the only scoring shot in the over. Off the 16th over, bowled by Jalaj, came nine runs including a boundary to Cachopa to midwicket. Devcich reached his fifth with the help of a boundary to midwicket region in the 18th over. Off the sixth delivery of the 19th over by Rahul Sharma, Cachopa was dropped by Madeep at long off. He was batting on 25.
NEW ZEALAND A Over: 10 II Score: 43/1
Anton Devcich and Luke Ronchi opened the innings for the visitors after being invited to bat first by their hosts. New Zealand A were off to a bad start after Basant Mohanty had Ronchi caught by Samson off his fourth delivery in the fourth over. He departed for a duck. Carl Cachopa came in to bat at No. 3. Cachopa scored the first boundary of the New Zealand innings in the sixth over boweld by Mohanty flicking his second delivery to fine leg. The eighth over proved to be a fruitful one for the New Zealanders as Devcich struck three boundaries in it. 13 runs came in it. Devcich struck his fifth boundary in the 10th over bowled by Mohanty. NZ are steadily recovering from the early jolt.
TOSS: India A have won the toss and elected to bowl first.
After clinching the ODI series with an unassailable 2-0 lead, a dominant India `A` will now look to complete the whitewash when they lock horns against New Zealand `A` in the final one-dayer here on Thursday.
Led by Unmukt Chand, India `A` have produced a dominating show in the three-match unofficial ODI series so far as they thrashed the visitors by six wickets in the first two games.
Their six-wicket victory on Monday sealed the series for India `A` and the hosts may look to test their bench strength, giving a chance to spinner Jalaj Saxena and batsman Sanju Samson.
India A: Unmukt Chand(c), Aditya Tare(w), Dhawal Kulkarni, Jalaj Saxena, Shrikant Wagh, Basant Mohanty, Kedar Jadhav, Mandeep Singh, Ashok Menaria, Sachin Baby, Sanju Samson, Sandeep Sharma, Rahul Sharma, Robin Uthappa
New Zealand A: Andrew Ellis(c), Luke Ronchi(w), Ish Sodhi, Jimmy Neesham, Colin Munro, Daryl Mitchell, Adam Milne, Tom Latham, Scott Kuggeleijn, Matt Henry, Mark Gillespie, Anton Devcich, Derek de Boorder, Carl Cachopa, Neil Broom, Doug Bracewell, Todd Astle, Corey Anderson
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow