India A vs West Indies A Live Updates: 1st Unofficial Test, Day 2
Zee Media Bureau
INDIA A Over: 43 II Score: 124/3
It’s stumps on day 2 and India A have managed 124 runs at the loss of three wickets in 43 overs. Manpreet Juneja (47*) and Harshad Khadiwale (5*) are holding the fort for the home side. Lokesh Rahul was the third wicket to fall after being caught by Johnson off Miller. He scored 46 (100b, 4X7). India A trailing Windies’ total by 305 runs.
INDIA A Over: 22 II Score: 69/2
India A have lost two wickets while scoring 69 runs in 22 overs. The first wicket to fall was Jiwanjot Singh who was caught by wicketkeeper Chadwick Walton after scoring 16 (39b, 4X1). His departure brought India A skipper Cheteshwar Pujara to the middle. He lasted for nine deliveries and was caught by Powell off Miguel Cummins. He scored just 3 (9b). Lokesh Rahul (28*) and Manpreet Juneja (15*) are at the crease for the home side at the moment.
WEST INDIES A Over: 135 II Score: 429/10
West Indies A posted 429/10 in their first innings with Kraigg Braithwaite (92) being the top scorer. Kieran Edwards (91) was the second highest scorer followed by Assad Fudadin (86). Nikita Miller missed his fifty by just one run after being run out. For India A, spinner Parvez Rasool took a five-wicket haul while Ishwar Pandey took two wickets.
WEST INDIES A Over: 117 II Score: 364/7
Nikita Miller was unlucky as he missed his fifty by just one run after being run out in the 117th over. He departed after scoring 49 (86b, 4X5) and adding 88 runs for the sixth wicket with Assad Fudadin. At lunch, West Indies are sitting pretty at 364/7 with Fudadin (39*) and Delorn Johnson (0) batting.
WEST INDIES A Over: 100 II Score: 306/6
West Indies A have lost their sixth wicket in Chadwick Walton who was trapped in front by pacer Ishwar Pandey. He scored 35 (41b, 4X4, 6X2). Nikita Miller and Assad Fudadin are at the crease for the visitors. Pandey and Rasool have taken two wickets apiece for the hosts.
A 172-run partnership for the second wicket between opener Kraigg Brathwaite (92, 12x4) and skipper Kirk Edwards (91, 5x4) propped up the West Indies A first innings as India A fought back with a couple of wickets late in the day to peg the visitors to 264/5 at stumps on the first day of the four-day game here Wednesday.
The Caribbean side, asked to bat first, were sitting pretty at 175/1 with both Brathwaite and Edwards looking set for centuries. However, India A hit back as off-spinner Parvez Rasool took two wickets, including that of Brathwaite, while seamer Ishwar Pandey bowled Edwards to share the day’s honours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray