India A vs West Indies A, unofficial Test, Day 2 - As it happened...
Zee Media Bureau
INDIA A Over: 58||Score: 191/3
At the end of Day 2, India A are sitting pretty at 191/3. Aiming for a comeback to the national side, Virender Sehwag and Gautam Gambhir failed with the bat scoring just 7 and 11 runs respectively. Both of them fell to Permaul. India A skipper Cheteshwar Pujara also failed to make any significant contribution and was out after scoring 25. VA Jagadeesh with the help of eight boundaries is unbeaten on 79 (172b, 4X8). Batting alongside him is Abhishek Nayar who has also completed his half-century. The current pair of Jagadeesh and Nayar has added 77 for the fourth wicket.
INDIA A Over: 23||Score: 70/1
VA Jagadeesh and Gautam Gambhir opened the India A innings. It looked as the first wicket pair will lead the home team to a solid start before in the 13th over, Veerasammy Permaul removed Gambhir by having him caught by Fidel Edwards. Gambhir scored 11 (44b, 4X1). His departure brought captain Cheteshwar Pujara to the middle. That first wicket partnership was worth 44 runs. West Indies A have used four bowlers till now – Edwards, Cummins, Permaul and Deonarine. Edwards has been the most expensive of the lot giving away 30 runs in his four overs.
WEST INDIES A Over: 121.5||Score: 406/10
West Indies A have been bowled out for 406 in 121.5 overs. Leon Johnson missed his century by nine runs and was the seventh wicket to fall after being dismissed by Bhargav Bhatt. He scored 91 (131b, 4X16). Veersammy Permaul was out for a duck and also fell to Bhatt. Fidel Edwards added just two runs to his total facing 19 deliveries and became Bhatt’s sixth victim. Miguel Cummins was the last man to be dismissed as Bhatt collected his seventh scalp of the innings. He was out for a duck. Nikita Miller returned unconquered scoring 64(95b, 4X8). For India A, Bhatt was the pick of the bowlers taking 7/113 in his 30.5 overs. Zaheer, Shami and Raool took a wicket each.
Zaheer Khan got his name in the wickets column but it was a patient 82 by opener Kraigg Brathwaite that helped West Indies A reach a decent 283 for six in 90 overs after opting to bat in the second unofficial four day `Test` here on Wednesday.
Brathwaite along with middle-order batsman Asad Fudadin (63) added 117 runs for the fourth wicket to ensure a position of safety for the visitors at the Jawaharlal Nehru College of Engineering ground here on Wednesday.
Fudadin joined Brathwaite in the post lunch with West Indies A in a none too comfortable position at 98 for three.
READ THE COMPLETE DAY 1 REPORT HERE»
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family