India beat Pakistan to win inaugural T20 World Cup for the Blind
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: India won the inaugural T20 World Cup for the Blind by beating Pakistan by 29 runs in the Final on Thursday.
Pakistan won the toss and invited India to bat first after which Indian players posted a mammoth total of 258 runs. Keetan Patel scored aggressive 98 runs as India managed 258-8 in 20 overs. The last five overs yielded 81 runs.
Pakistan who were the only undefeated side of the tournament couldn’t cope up with the required run rate, right from the start and managed to score 229 runs.
Both teams cruised through semi-finals Wednesday, beating Sri Lanka and England respectively at the Central College ground.
India piled up 318 runs for eight wickets in the stipulated 20 overs and restricted the Lankans to 195 for six wickets in their 20 overs to storm into the final by 123 runs.
In the other semi-final, Pakistan surpassed the modest target (182) by hitting 184 for loss of one wicket in just 12.2 overs after restricting England to 181 runs for nine wickets in their 20 overs.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation