India remain at number 3 in ODI rankings
Dubai: India remained at third position behind England and South Africa in the latest ICC ODI Championship rankings released here on Sunday.
India are on 120 points, a point behind leaders England and South Africa who are tied at 121 points each.
Meanwhile, young Indian batsman Virat Kohli retained his number two slot along with captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni (6th) and opener Gautam Gambhir at 9th in the ICC ODI Player rankings.
Off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin went a place down at 5th and is the only Indian bowler to feature in the list of Top 20 ODI bowlers.
South Africa`s Hashim Amla continues to lead the chart for best ODI batsman as the Top 10 slots remained unchanged.
Bangladesh`s 3-2 series win over West Indies at home helped it move ahead of New Zealand to the eighth place in the Reliance ICC ODI Championship table.
West Indies spinner Sunil Narine jumped eight places to reach the number 3 in the rankings. Top three rankings for ODI bowlers are held by spinners with Pakistan`s Saeed Ajmal on the top followed by fellow countryman Mohammad Hafeez.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks