India remain at number 3 in ODI rankings
Dubai: India remained at third position behind England and South Africa in the latest ICC ODI Championship rankings released here on Sunday.
India are on 120 points, a point behind leaders England and South Africa who are tied at 121 points each.
Meanwhile, young Indian batsman Virat Kohli retained his number two slot along with captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni (6th) and opener Gautam Gambhir at 9th in the ICC ODI Player rankings.
Off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin went a place down at 5th and is the only Indian bowler to feature in the list of Top 20 ODI bowlers.
South Africa`s Hashim Amla continues to lead the chart for best ODI batsman as the Top 10 slots remained unchanged.
Bangladesh`s 3-2 series win over West Indies at home helped it move ahead of New Zealand to the eighth place in the Reliance ICC ODI Championship table.
West Indies spinner Sunil Narine jumped eight places to reach the number 3 in the rankings. Top three rankings for ODI bowlers are held by spinners with Pakistan`s Saeed Ajmal on the top followed by fellow countryman Mohammad Hafeez.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31