India slip to 3rd but Kohli on top in ICC ODI rankings
Dubai: The Indian cricket team dropped a rung to third but Virat Kohli continued to top the batting chart in the latest ICC one-day rankings announced on Wednesday.
India lost their second position to Sri Lanka, while Australia maintained their place at the top of the heap. Sri Lanka`s 3-2 series win over England helped them gain one ratings point to move up to 112, the same ratings points as India. However, when ratings are calculated beyond the decimal point, Angelo Mathews` side edged out India.
In the individual rankings, Indian skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni remained steady at sixth followed by Shikhar Dhawan at eight spot (a loss of one position). Rohit Sharma entered the top-20 at the the 20th position.
Among the bowlers, seasoned off-spinner Ravindra Jadeja slipped a position to fifth to be only Indian in the top-10.
Elsewhere in the list, off-spinners James Tredwell of England and Sachitra Senanayake of Sri Lanka entered the top 20 for the first time at the end of the five-match ODI series between the two sides that finished at Edgbaston on Tuesday.
Sri Lanka claimed the five-match series 3-2 after they sealed the fifth and final ODI with a six-wicket win on Tuesday.
Tredwell jumped 18 places to a career-best 12th with 627 ratings points, while Senanayake vaulted 20 places to 13th, with 623 ratings points.
Both Tredwell and Senanayake claimed nine wickets in the series. However, Senanayake had a better average of 15.11, while Tredwell`s haul came at an average of 18.44. Meanwhile, Sri Lanka`s Tillakaratne Dilshan moved up two places to seventh in the rankings for ODI batsmen, in the only positive movement inside the top 10.
Dilshan was the highest run-getter in the series, with 222 runs at an average of 44.40. South Africa batsman AB de Villiers occupies the second place and Australia`s George Bailey holds the third position.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death