India to play two practice games before CT opener
Mumbai: The Indian team is scheduled to play two warm-up games against Sri Lanka and Australia ahead of its ICC Champions Trophy Group B opener against South Africa next month in England.
The practice match against Sri Lanka is scheduled on June 1 followed by the tie against Australia on June 4, according to BCCI sources.
The 15-member Indian squad, led by Mahendra Singh Dhoni, will leave for England from here on May 29, three days after the Pepsi Indian Premier League final match at Kolkata.
India would begin their campaign of the eight-team tournament against South Africa at the Sophia Gardens in Cardiff, Wales.
They are to clash with the West Indies at the Kennington Oval in London on June 11 and then conclude the four-team group engagement on June 15 against arch-rivals Pakistan at Edgbaston, Birmingham.
Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and Sri Lanka are in Group A.
The top two teams from each group will progress to the semifinals scheduled on June 19 and 20 at Kennington Oval and Sophia Gardens respectively with the winners advancing to the June 23 final to be played at Edgbaston.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note