George Bailey: Leading by example
Zee Media Bureau/Suyash Srivastava
Ranchi: Australia’s stand-in skipper George Bailey continued his phenomenal form as he slammed 98 against India in the fourth ODI at JSCA International Stadium Complex, Ranchi.
Australia were wobbling at one stage as the score read 71/4 after which Bailey brought them back into the game as he stitched a 153-run partnership with Glenn Maxwell for the fifth wicket.
Bailey who is leading the side in absence of regular skipper Michael Clarke was dropped twice by the Indian fielders, once by Virat Kohli and then by Ravichandran Ashwin, and the Aussie skipper made full use of it as he went on to score his highest score of the series.
How good has been Bailey’s form can be ascertained from the fact that in his last seven innings he has scored - 82, 87, 4, 85, 92*, 43 and 98.
While the Indian bowlers managed to halt Australian openers’ run-fest in the series, MS Dhoni’s boys were unlucky as they couldn’t capitalize on the two chances which came their way.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living