George Bailey: Leading by example
Zee Media Bureau/Suyash Srivastava
Ranchi: Australia’s stand-in skipper George Bailey continued his phenomenal form as he slammed 98 against India in the fourth ODI at JSCA International Stadium Complex, Ranchi.
Australia were wobbling at one stage as the score read 71/4 after which Bailey brought them back into the game as he stitched a 153-run partnership with Glenn Maxwell for the fifth wicket.
Bailey who is leading the side in absence of regular skipper Michael Clarke was dropped twice by the Indian fielders, once by Virat Kohli and then by Ravichandran Ashwin, and the Aussie skipper made full use of it as he went on to score his highest score of the series.
How good has been Bailey’s form can be ascertained from the fact that in his last seven innings he has scored - 82, 87, 4, 85, 92*, 43 and 98.
While the Indian bowlers managed to halt Australian openers’ run-fest in the series, MS Dhoni’s boys were unlucky as they couldn’t capitalize on the two chances which came their way.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!