India have `sounded` World Cup `warning` with `imposing` win over Oz: Report
Sydney: The Australian media has claimed that India has sent a clear message to rivals ahead of the 2015 World up with its one-day series victory over Australia, that their team can score anything.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, in volatile No.3 Virat Kohli, India has found a natural successor to Sachin Tendulkar.
He produced two breathtaking innings in record-breaking run chases in Jaipur and Nagpur that took the game away from Australia, the report said.
He finished with 344 runs from five innings and an average of 115 but wasn`t even named man of the series, the report added.
That honour went to Rohit Sharma, whose spectacular double century in Bangalore was the platform on which India won the series decider, the report further said.
With new fielding rules heavily favouring batsmen, the defending World Cup champion`s powerful batting line-up, has never looked more intimidating, according to the report.
Australian captain George Bailey said that there was a reason why India was the No.1 team in the world, adding that they were very, very hard to beat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part II
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam -Part III
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part IV
- DNA : Why BJP is linking Rahul Gandhi to AgustaWestland scam
- Ravi Rampaul reveals shocking reason for not being picked in West Indian team
- IPL 2016, Match 31: GL vs DD - As it happened...
- Jacqueline Fernandez keeps mystery alive on her relationship status
- Mamata Banerjee trying to influence polls with police help: CPI-M
- 63rd National Film Awards: Amitabh Bachchan, Kangana Ranaut receive top honours