MS Dhoni says India won`t underestimate `underdogs` Oz following first ODI defeat
Sydney: Indian captain MS Dhoni has said that his side would not ever underestimate their under-strength opponents Australia again following the hosts` humiliating loss in the first one-day international (ODI) in Pune on Sunday.
Although Australia, who is without regular captain Michael Clarke and coach Darren Lehmann, began the series with a loss in the sole Twenty20 game with India, they soon caught up with the hosts by beating them by 72 runs in the opening ODI fixture.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Dhoni said that the `underdog` tag given to George Bailey`s men is `fanciful`, adding that his side would never underestimate any team.
Stating that it is necessary to see what the conditions are like, where a team is playing and which conditions are suitable for that team, Dhoni further said that in that manner, a team can have advantage over its opponents, adding that he feels that Australia executed their plans well in the first ODI.
The second ODI is scheduled to take place in Jaipur on Wednesday, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: Fundamental question is 'who took the bribe', stresses Manohar Parrikar
- Kanhaiya Kumar is in Patna - know why
- WATCH: RPS vs GL - When Dwayne Bravo tried to 'intimidate' Mahendra Singh Dhoni during Match 25
- Fourteen killed in Nairobi floods and building collapse
- UN says North Korea accusations vs US troops 'unsubstantiated'