MS Dhoni says India won`t underestimate `underdogs` Oz following first ODI defeat
Sydney: Indian captain MS Dhoni has said that his side would not ever underestimate their under-strength opponents Australia again following the hosts` humiliating loss in the first one-day international (ODI) in Pune on Sunday.
Although Australia, who is without regular captain Michael Clarke and coach Darren Lehmann, began the series with a loss in the sole Twenty20 game with India, they soon caught up with the hosts by beating them by 72 runs in the opening ODI fixture.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Dhoni said that the `underdog` tag given to George Bailey`s men is `fanciful`, adding that his side would never underestimate any team.
Stating that it is necessary to see what the conditions are like, where a team is playing and which conditions are suitable for that team, Dhoni further said that in that manner, a team can have advantage over its opponents, adding that he feels that Australia executed their plans well in the first ODI.
The second ODI is scheduled to take place in Jaipur on Wednesday, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them