Bhuvneshwar Kumar`s swollen ankle cause of concern for India
Southampton: Seamer Bhuvneshwar Kumar`s swollen ankle will certainly keep the Indian team management worried ahead of their fourth cricket Test against England at the Old Trafford starting August 7.
With Ishant Sharma already out of the fourth Test with ankle injury, India`s most consistent bowler in the series, Bhuvneshwar`s injury will certainly give sleepless nights to Mahendra Singh Dhoni and Duncan Fletcher.
Bhuvneshwar along with Ishant Sharma didn`t take part in the customary football session after India lost the Test on the first session of the fifth day itself.
The UP seamer, who has 15 wickets apart from 228 runs in the series, has so far bowled 124.5 overs (only second to left-arm spinner Ravindra Jadeja`s 142.3 overs) might have been a bit "tired", according to skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni.
"I think, Bhuvi seemed to be a bit tired," Dhoni told reporters at the post-match conference.
"But he came back nicely after that first spell. But I thought he was slightly on the shorter side. He got the right length in the first two Tests, but here he was slightly short.
Apart from that I am quite happy with the effort put in by fast bowlers," Dhoni added.
With five more days to go before the start of the fourth Test, Dhoni would be praying that his premier seamer gets fit in time for the important encounter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Uttarakhand forest fire: Director of Delhi's Fire Dept to visit hill state today, govt to press MI-17 choppers; at least 6 dead
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state
- SC, ST promotions: Shivraj Singh-led government to move Supreme Court
- Bombed Brussels airport departure hall to reopen today