James Anderson booed by Indian fans during third ODI at Nottingham
England pace spearhead James Anderson, who had an ugly spat with Indian all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja in the first Test, was on Saturday booed by the Indian fans at Trent Bridge during the third ODI.
Nottingham: England pace spearhead James Anderson, who had an ugly spat with Indian all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja in the first Test, was on Saturday booed by the Indian fans at Trent Bridge during the third ODI.
Anderson was received with huge boos from the Indian supporters the moment he stepped out at the crease to bat after the dismissal of number nine batsman James Tredwell in the last over.
The 32-year-old was also booed by the crowd when he was fielding at the boundary line.
Interestingly, Jadeja too had faced the ire of the local fans during the second cricket Test when he had come out to bat at Lord's in July.
Jadeja and Anderson had grabbed headlines for the wrong reasons during the first Test, following an unsavoury incident between the two when the two teams were returning for lunch on the second day.
The incident snowballed into a big issue when India protested against Anderson's aggressive behaviour and England decided to lodge a formal protest against Jadeja.
ICC match referee David Boon had fined the Indian all-rounder 50 per cent of his match fee and BCCI appealed against the verdict.
ICC then appointed judicial commissioner, Gordon Lewis, who found the players not guilty after a six-hour hearing due to lack of evidence.
BCCI then asked ICC CEO Dave Richardson to appeal against the verdict but the South African decided not to appeal using his discretion, against the findings of Lewis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report