India vs England, Mumbai Test, Day 1: Statistical highlights
Mumbai: Statistical highlights on day one of the second Test between India and England here on Friday.
Ravichandran Ashwin (60 not out off 84 balls) has posted his first fifty against England - his second in Tests.
Ashwin`s aforesaid innings is his third highest score in Tests. His only hundred in Tests is 103 against the West Indies in the 2011-12 Mumbai Test.
Ashwin and Pujara have shared a stand of 97 (unbroken) for the seventh wicket - India`s second highest against England at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai. Ravi Shastri and Syed Kirmani had put on 235 in November 1984.
Virender Sehwag (30 off 43 balls) has posted his highest score against England at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai.
In first team innings, Sehwag is averaging 64.71 - 6407 in 100 innings. His tally includes 22 hundreds and 18 fifties.
Yuvraj Singh has registered his first duck against England - his seventh in Tests.
Monty Panesar`s superb bowling figures of four for 91 are his best against India in Tests.
Panesar is likely to improve his present strike rate of 92.4 in Tests in India.
For the first time in Tests, Cheteshwar Pujara has registered hundreds in consecutive Tests - all unbeaten knocks - 206 & 41 in the Ahmedabad Test and 114 - against England.
Pujara is one of the eleven Indians to have recorded two or more centuries in a Test series against England. Azharuddin had registered three in India in 1984-85 and Dravid twice - in 2002 and 2011 - both times in England.
Pujara`s superb unbeaten 114 is his third hundred in Tests - his first was 159 against New Zealand at Hyderabad.
With his two hundreds, Pujara took his run-aggregate to 361 without being dismissed - the most in the current series. The said performance is his best performance in Tests.
Sachin has been bowled on 52 occasions. Rahul Dravid (55) and Allan Border (53) have registered more bowled dismissals in Tests than Sachin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash