Indian team back from South Africa
Mumbai: The Indian cricket team led by Mahendra Singh Dhoni returned this morning from South Africa after losing both the ODI and Test series to the hosts.
The team members have gone back to their respective homes after landing here, according to Cricket Board sources.
Coach Duncan Fletcher and bowling coach Joe Dawes did not return with the team and are expected to link up with the squad picked yesterday for New Zealand in 10 days` time, it was learnt.
The Indian cricketers have a short break prior to leaving for New Zealand on January 11 night after taking part in the BCCI`s annual awards function scheduled earlier that day at a suburban hotel in Bandra.
The ODI team members would depart first followed by the Test specialists a week later, according to BCCI sources.
The squad is set to play five ODIs, commencing on January 19, followed by a two-Test rubber in New Zealand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note