MS Dhoni becomes highest scoring Indian skipper in ODIs
Zee Media Bureau/Suyash Srivastava
Johannesburg: MS Dhoni added another feather to his cap when he became the Indian captain with highest ODI runs while leading the side. Dhoni achieved this feat against South Africa in the first ODI match played at Johannesburg.
Dhoni needed 26 runs to surpass Mohammad Azharuddin’s record of 5239 runs which he did while chasing a massive total of 359 runs against South Africa. In the 27th over of the innings, Dhoni pulled a short ball from Tsotsobe towards deep square leg for a boundary which took him past Azharuddin’s record.
Before the first ODI, Dhoni had scored 5213 runs from 151 matches as captain. In total, former Australian skipper Ricky Ponting has scored the maximum runs as a skipper – 8497 runs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city